By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft should make ODST Battle Royale

Tagged games:

Chazore said:

Why do what Fortnite is currently king at (and always will be king, just like how Minecraft is king of what it excels at doing), and instead just try something others aren't doing, or not doing a great job with?.

Like if anything, actually make your own Helldrivers, but with ODST, instead of Spartans (there's a reason why people liked ODST, it's not because it had the Halo name slapped onto it). But even then, I'd just want MS to do something new, instead of yet another corpo playing it typically safe and copying that's on the market right now, trying to become king at something it will never claim as their own.

Like why not a Halo iso ARPG?, that genre doesn't really have a king, not even Diablo 4 is considered all that great, and the throne still remains vacant on that front. Hell, they could take a note from their AoE RTS side and actually make a full on RTS, not what was had with Halo Wars 1-2, which still feels like "baby's first RTS" vibe.

Just anything but stereotypical, super safe played, Battle Royale (seriously there are other userbases out there that want to play games that aren't pure PVP only BR themed, just look outside the window for more than 5 seconds, I mean there's a reason why Helldivers 2 is doing rounds and that's co-op based).

I get what you are saying however an ODST game wouldn't be anything like PUBG or Fortnite. If anything, an ODST BR will be more in line with Apex Legends. Take Apex Legends, replace all the assets with Halo themes, have you literally drop in like an ODST from orbit on different planets and go nuts. Sounds great on paper but they just need to implement it correctly. 

Ill also be down for Halo Wars 3 or a Horror styled Halo game in line with Dead Space but with the Flood. But now I am fantasying. 

I feel a BR Halo game would be hot right now, however the one major issue is it will possibly cancel out Halo Infinites MP, and I can't see 343 being happy with that.

Around the Network

Azzanation said:

I get what you are saying however an ODST game wouldn't be anything like PUBG or Fortnite. If anything, an ODST BR will be more in line with Apex Legends. Take Apex Legends, replace all the assets with Halo themes, have you literally drop in like an ODST from orbit on different planets and go nuts. Sounds great on paper but they just need to implement it correctly. 

Ill also be down for Halo Wars 3 or a Horror styled Halo game in line with Dead Space but with the Flood. But now I am fantasying. 

I feel a BR Halo game would be hot right now, however the one major issue is it will possibly cancel out Halo Infinites MP, and I can't see 343 being happy with that.

Yes but even then you're just making yet another clone of one of the 4 at the top, and slapping a brand name on it. There isn't anything new BR brings to all of gaming, hence why I said MS should focus on other genres/markets that are currently not being catered to as much.

For real, there is more to gaming than BR, it's like that with Souls fans, those guys want everything to be Souls, but people like me don't, and I know we're not the minority, it's that those fans tend to scream the loudest.

We've already seen previous staff with MS saying they pitched ideas that were very similar to HD2, and well, now we have HD2 and MS doesn't, so I think it's a bit late to just start copying them right off the bat (like how you're suggesting MS just copy Epic or EA).

What we need to do on here is for us to stop thinking like out of touch boardroom C-suit execs and start thinking more as gamers, gamers that aren't (BR/Souls only or it's shit" mentality. I don't care about marketing this or budget costs that, stop inflating the budgets and handle project scope according and aim for AA and you can experiment as much as you'd like, just don't go AAA one genre that's already saturated and occupied to death, it's soulless and serves only one party, a party that's likely being well fed by other existing parties.

Yes, they could do a horror themed Halo that deals with the likes of Flood infested worlds, but again, don't use the already lore established and OP Spartans, use humans, people we can relate to (Again, ODST brought this home).

I don't think a Halo BR would be hot right now, because I've seen how Infinite turned out, and we've just seen WB throw up it's hands and wanting to focus on live services, well BR itself counts directly as a live service, and we just do not need that right now, not when other games are selling well (and even though HD2 is doing it right, they are doing their pass right, even though I'd prefer no game borrow the hamster wheel BP system going forward). 

Also doing a Halo BR will end up eating into Infinite, that is how you cannibalise your own games within existing IP's, and that is a terrible business move to make (like how we have Diablo Immortal, but now we also have D4, which are basically the same formula and from the same IP). 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Halo as an I.P (And this likely resonates with a ton of people) is at a low point I feel.

* Halo 5 was devoid of content and features and average visuals.
* Halo Infinite was devoid of content, features with average visuals.
* Halo Wars 2 multiplayer pretty much imploded a week after release.
* Spartan Strike never had an Xbox release.
* Halo Master Chief Collection was a technical mess for a few years after release.
* TV series is mixed. Some good cinematography and enjoying the story, but hate how they "humanised" the Chief, complete with nudity and the chief spending more time outside of his armor, than in.

I would like some more "smaller" and focused experiences, just like how ODST brought us Firefight, but the price needs to match.
Big empty worlds with big budgets like Halo Infinite just doesn't interest me anymore.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

Halo as an I.P (And this likely resonates with a ton of people) is at a low point I feel.

* Halo 5 was devoid of content and features and average visuals.
* Halo Infinite was devoid of content, features with average visuals.
* Halo Wars 2 multiplayer pretty much imploded a week after release.
* Spartan Strike never had an Xbox release.
* Halo Master Chief Collection was a technical mess for a few years after release.
* TV series is mixed. Some good cinematography and enjoying the story, but hate how they "humanised" the Chief, complete with nudity and the chief spending more time outside of his armor, than in.

I would like some more "smaller" and focused experiences, just like how ODST brought us Firefight, but the price needs to match.
Big empty worlds with big budgets like Halo Infinite just doesn't interest me anymore.

Dude, you just explained every Halo fan's thought very matter of fact!!!!

BiON!@