By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario vs. Donkey Kong Reviews: 77 Metacritic / 78 Opencritic

Tagged games:

Metacritic

Opencritic

Some Reviews:

Trailer

Last edited by Shikamo - on 17 February 2024

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

No surprise here, the original was a rocksolid puzzle platformer that built on the framework of Donkey Kong (Game Boy) and made everything better, so there wasn't anything that could have gone wrong here.

Of course this isn't anything like Super Mario Bros., because the run and jump mechanics are based on those of the original Donkey Kong branch, not the drastically altered ones of Mario's own flagship series.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

i cannot wait to play this one.

Switch!!!

Still getting it.

Better than expected. For a GBA port in the year 2024? That’s a generous score. For reference, the original (which totaled to five hours) only got an 81 back in 2004.

Around the Network

Good, approachable puzzle platformer gets fair scores, let's go !

I feel like I'm probably gonna get it on a rainy day at some point, but as of now I'm concentrating on other games.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Should arrive tomorrow. Seems like a good couch coop experience.

Game looks like it has some preety good reviews. Always wished metacritic would actually give reveiws by the actualy system. By when you try to get reviews by actual system it's always incorrect etc

BiON!@ 

Solid game, reviews seem fair. I'm on world 5 and would give it a 7/10. Overpriced for sure, seems like a $20 or at most $30. Very short and small. Fun enough game but shows it's age a bit.

Chrkeller said:

Solid game, reviews seem fair. I'm on world 5 and would give it a 7/10. Overpriced for sure, seems like a $20 or at most $30. Very short and small. Fun enough game but shows it's age a bit.

Nah, this isn't some indie trash. The puzzles are fun instead of obnoxious and the amount of content is sufficient for $50. There aren't many cutscenes here, so the ratio of actual gameplay to total gametime is very high, plus there's no filler whatsoever.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.