By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Deadpool & Wolverine Trailer

CaptainExplosion said:
BFR said:

Superhero movies suck. The sooner they die, the better.

They're not gonna die, accept it.

They're not going to die, but they are definitely on a big decline. This looks OK though, the Deadpool movies are honestly more action-comedies than they are "superhero movies" anyway. 

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
CaptainExplosion said:

They're not going to die, but they are definitely on a big decline. This looks OK though, the Deadpool movies are honestly more action-comedies than they are "superhero movies" anyway. 

Part of the decline is genre fatigue, but a bigger part may have been disappointing new entries like Thor: Love and Thunder, Doctor Strange in The Multiverse of Madness, and I haven't seen The Marvels to have an opinion of it but it's box office was abysmal for an MCU movie.

Spoiler!
One good quality The Marvels' has that I know of so far is the post-credits introduction of Beast to the MCU. *X-Men theme intensifies*

Superhero movies are obviously thriving.

KLXVER said:

Superhero movies are obviously thriving.

Why does this feel like something they'd actually have in the MCU as a throwaway gag?

I enjoyed watching the first 2 Deadpool movies a lot! Can't wait to see this one!

Around the Network

Havent seen the first two movies but planning to do so soon.

Excited for this though regardless.

CaptainExplosion said:
BFR said:

Superhero movies suck. The sooner they die, the better.

Yeah, I know. There's too much money at stake.  But, I would be delighted to see them have a decline over the next 6 years or so. 

Just in time to make a comeback around 2030, with new actors and storylines.

BFR said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Yeah, I know. There's too much money at stake.  But, I would be delighted to see them have a decline over the next 6 years or so. 

Just in time to make a comeback around 2030, with new actors and storylines.

The mid-tier heroes and factions will die out.

(i.e. Eternals, Ms Marvel, She-Hulk, Aquaman, etc).

You'll be getting the usual X-Men, Fantastic Four, Batman, Super Man and Spider-Man movies lol

Which means nothing to me. I won't be watching any of that crap.  Christopher Reeve was the best Superman. Christian Bale was the best Batman.

I see no one eclipsing their performances now or in the future.  Hollywood can kiss my ass.

I don't care if superhero movies are on or off a decline, I just care about if the next one i want to watch looks good. Deadpool looks good