By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

I feel like it’s three years ago.

Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

I feel like it’s three years ago.

That's ok.  A lot of people on the right, including the Arizona Supreme Court, still think it's 1865.

So, is anyone actually disappointed in Biden's Student Loan policies? With the announcement of the forgiveness of a bunch of student loan interest that came yesterday, I feel like he's just continuing to kill it (in a good way), but it seems a lot of college graduates are disappointed? What is going on?

AZ GOP is really losing it.

Not the only state.

Apologies for the week-late reply, I was off on a deployment for a rescue.

A203D said:

"I have already touched base on this and provided the appropriate evidence."

As was established by the United Nations Security Council the invasion of Iraq was illegal when the US presented the case. You seem to be getting confused here. The information at the time was known to be incorrect before the invasion began. Read what you're writing:

I have already touched base on this and provided the evidence. - You are arguing against established facts.

Regardless of the specific legalities, there was chemical weapons and/or the precursors to make them, meaning their initial assertions to justify an invasion turned out to be correct.

You do need to come to terms with that, because that is the absolute truth.

A203D said:

Its not a hard choice. Its an illegal choice. Do you fabricate evidence in your job role to try and sanction and justify your actions? Is someone who is sworn to protect life this desperate to protect their own ego?

Again. We have already established that I didn't agree with the war.
I have already elaborated on this point as well in regards to evidence, you are trying to go full Karen without any logical basis in reality.

I.E. You are arguing for the sake of arguing.

A203D said:

We're getting somewhere now. We have gone from they are 'safe and effective' to they are not as dangerous as you make them out to be...

I have already provided the necessary evidence that the vaccines are manufactured in Australia.
Australia also contributed rather heavily into the vaccine research programs.

Read the whole link rather than picking and choosing parts.

As for the safety of the vaccines, I stand by the science. The vaccines were given to 95% of the Australian population or over 20~ million people.
99% of people suffered no ill effects, exactly as expected... You are trying to make it sound like 20~ million people are dead, when that is far from the truth.

Over 24,000 people here died of COVID however, which is a significant number.
Anecdotally my friends child has permanent lung scarring because of it, as she didn't believe in the vaccines and that child has to suffer for the rest of it's life for that persons stupid choices... I know for a fact that child would never be able to go diving, work at a minesite, never be a firefighter now.

Get vaccinated, don't be anti-science.

If you are not a medical professional, you don't have an educated opinion.

A203D said:

What your calling science is actually 'scientisim'. Theres plenty of evidence I can show you to prove there was never a pandemic. The whole thing was designed so you would take their posioned vaccine. A huge  part of that reason was so they could use the pandemic to change the voting laws in certain battleground states. You see the pandemic allowed them to allow mass mail in ballots which is unconstutional according to the individual state leglislatures. In doing so they were able to defraud the election so Joe Biden could mandate complusary vaccinations.

There was a Pandemic.
By definition: "a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease over a whole country or the world at a particular time."

Many diseases fall under that definition such as the seasonal FLU.

If you cannot prove that COVID was designed so people were forced to take "poison" then you are telling lies and propagating a false conspiracy.

I don't doubt you genuinely believe that rubbish, but that is also the incredibly sad and disturbing part when you are so willing to discard science for something that is simply a lie.

Also the Pandemic was world wide... Thus your lie that it was to strictly change "Voting laws" in the USA has no merit when there was no election here in Australia at the time... You do realize the USA is not the world?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
sundin13 said:

So, is anyone actually disappointed in Biden's Student Loan policies? With the announcement of the forgiveness of a bunch of student loan interest that came yesterday, I feel like he's just continuing to kill it (in a good way), but it seems a lot of college graduates are disappointed? What is going on?

Disappointed here.  I paid my student loans and now via being a high income earner I get to pay other people's student loans.  Seems like BS to me.  But I'm still voting Biden because trump is just a hard pass for the sake of democracy.

Take a loan, pay the loan.  I don't believe in forgiving debts because people took out a bunch of money and got a stupid degree.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
sundin13 said:

Disappointed here.  I paid my student loans and now via being a high income earner I get to pay other people's student loans.  Seems like BS to me.  But I'm still voting Biden because trump is just a hard pass for the sake of democracy.

Take a loan, pay the loan.  I don't believe in forgiving debts because people took out a bunch of money and got a stupid degree.  

Nah, the US college tuition situation is fucked and an entire generation was taught that a degree was needed for a good paying job and drilled into our heads that you should do something you have a passion for, turns out that was terrible advice and now those same people are being told they shouldn’t have spend so much money on a useless degree.

Also it’s a very predatory system where people who aren’t considered mature enough to decide if they want to smoke or drink are considered mature enough to sign up for 10’s or even 100’s of thousands dollar loans without any proof of ability to pay it back unlike car or home loans.

I only did a year of community college and have no student debt but I absolutely support student debt relief. However, there needs to be some serious changes made to bring down the costs of college or we will be back in the same situation before long.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Chrkeller said:

Nah, the US college tuition situation is fucked and an entire generation was taught that a degree was needed for a good paying job and drilled into our heads that you should do something you have a passion for, turns out that was terrible advice and now those same people are being told they shouldn’t have spend so much money on a useless degree.

Also it’s a very predatory system where people who aren’t considered mature enough to decide if they want to smoke or drink are considered mature enough to sign up for 10’s or even 100’s of thousands dollar loans without any proof of ability to pay it back unlike car or home loans.

I only did a year of community college and have no student debt but I absolutely support student debt relief. However, there needs to be some serious changes made to bring down the costs of college or we will be back in the same situation before long.

Nah.  State schools aren't expensive.  8 to 10k a year.  The "fancy" private schools are the problem along with the absurd room/board.  If someone goes to a grossly overpriced private school and gets a stupid degree...   that was their choice, not my problem.  

I got my chemistry degrees from state schools...  60k for a MS.  Easily paid back.  

People need to take responsibility for their choices, not blame others.  I have a friend who went to Carnegie and got a degree in classical guitar for 150k....  his problem, not mine.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Chrkeller said:
sundin13 said:

The student loans are part of the federal budget. If someone is failing to pay for their bad choices, you already are paying for their debt. Regardless of whether it gets forgiven or not. 

Lets be fair here, you're not really paying for it. We're about $35 trillion in debt right now, that is mostly not being paid. And to be clear again, that number includes the student loans. 

I don't believe in paying for the American war machine, but that's life. We frequently pay into things we don't care for.

Chrkeller said:

People need to take responsibility for their choices, not blame others.  I have a friend who went to Carnegie and got a degree in classical guitar for 150k....  his problem, not mine.

Personally I think this is a nonsense way to promote policy. It doesn't help anyone. The stated purpose of government is to promote the general welfare, not to promote vindictive policy. 

It doesn't help that person to make sure they get stuck in whatever hole they put themselves in.

It doesn't help you to make sure that person gets stuck. 

It also doesn't hurt you to pull them out, per the fact that you're already paying off their debt, because it is part of the federal budget again.

There's never any issue with helping companies out of their dumb mistakes. I would gladly take on more debt if it meant helping people that actually needed it.

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 11 April 2024

the-pi-guy said:
Chrkeller said:

The student loans are part of the federal budget. If someone is failing to pay for their bad choices, you already are paying for their debt. Regardless of whether it gets forgiven or not. 

Lets be fair here, you're not really paying for it. We're about $35 trillion in debt right now, that is mostly not being paid. And to be clear again, that number includes the student loans. 

I don't believe in paying for the American war machine, but that's life. We frequently pay into things we don't care for.

Chrkeller said:

Personally I think this is a nonsense way to promote policy. It doesn't help anyone. The stated purpose of government is to promote the general welfare, not to promote vindictive policy. 

It doesn't help that person to make sure they get stuck in whatever hole they put themselves in.

It doesn't help you to make sure that person gets stuck. 

It also doesn't hurt you to pull them out, per the fact that you're already paying off their debt, because it is part of the federal budget again.

There's never any issue with helping companies out of their dumb mistakes. I would gladly take on more debt if it meant helping people that actually needed it.

We will have to agree to disagree.  Someone who buys something stupid shouldn't be bailed out.  If I buy a Porsche...  and can't afford it, the government doesn't owe me crap.  

People paying 100k on a worthless degrees made a poor decision.  

Edit

I don't believe in corporate bailouts either.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC