By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

For as disappointed as I've been with Biden's presidency in some areas, particularly with his supporting of Israel's attacks on Gaza and military action in Yemen, I can, at the very least, say that I am confident he will concede the White House if he loses an election, and not tacitly encourage an attempted coup/solicit "vote finding" from election officials.

So, yeah, I'm probably going with the guy that at least doesn't pose an immediate threat to the existence of my country's democracy.

Around the Network
Farsala said:
Chrkeller said:

How people are embracing trump is a complete mystery to me. I'm a registered republican and I just don't get it.

Honestly pretty funny that they go for the candidate that lost popular vote to Hilary Clinton of all people and already lost an entire election to a Democrat in Biden. Just asking to lose an election again.

I'm legit concerned because I think trump loses again.. and we know he will claim fraud and stolen...  we have another Jan 6th brewing.  Luckily I'm on international assignment for 2 years.  I get to vote but will miss insurrection v2.0.  

Two slimeballs who are as sleazy as politicians come and they’re also old as fuck and both showing signs of mental deficiency. Hooray for America.

By the way, under the crime section, for Trump you need to add that he is going to try to make it so presidents have immunity while in office, so that all of his crimes are forgiven.

lmao I’ll be a five-head for a moment and say this: American politics is nothing but theater. Biden or Trump makes no difference. The average America will continue to drown as wages fail to meet raising prices, the government will never stop focusing funds towards the middle eastern (and now Eastern European) meat-grinders, etc etc. It’s all a joke, and these politicians have done, and will never do, anything to help those who are truly in need. Democracy is an illusion, and it’s embarrassing to buy into any of these scumbags’ narratives. Neither deserve my vote because at the end of the day, I have no interest in wasting hours of my life submitting a symbolic ballot for genocide with Rainbow Capitalism nor genocide with Anti-Rainbow Capitalism.

In short: People would sooner weep over “Orange man” returning to office than for all the tens of thousands of Palestinians having been massacred by the Israeli elites. People would sooner weep over the prospect of Bud Light and Disney supporting LGBTQ than for the mass assault America is provoking in Taiwan and (at one point) Ukraine.

Last edited by firebush03 - on 27 January 2024

TallSilhouette said:
Tober said:

For world peace I think Trump is better.

If your idea of world peace is letting dictators seize more power and steamroll sovereign nations and peoples. I think the Kurds, Ukrainians, etc might take issue with that notion.

If you quote me, please quote the whole thing for context sake.

When did Trump let dictators steamroll sovereign nations? The Russians took Crimea under Obama and invaded Ukraine under Biden. What did Trump do to the Kurds?

Around the Network
firebush03 said:

lmao I’ll be a five-head for a moment and say this: American politics is nothing but theater. Biden or Trump makes no difference. The average America will continue to drown as wages fail to meet raising prices, the government will never stop focusing funds towards the middle eastern (and now Eastern European) meat-grinders, etc etc. It’s all a joke, and these politicians have done, and will never do, anything to help those who are truly in need. Democracy is an illusion, and it’s embarrassing to buy into any of these scumbags’ narratives. Neither deserve my vote because at the end of the day, I have no interest in wasting hours of my life submitting a symbolic ballot for genocide with Rainbow Capitalism nor genocide with Anti-Rainbow Capitalism.

In short: People would sooner weep over “Orange man” returning to office than for all the tens of thousands of Palestinians having been massacred by the Israeli elites. People would sooner weep over the prospect of Bud Light and Disney supporting LGBTQ than for the mass assault America is provoking in Taiwan and (at one point) Ukraine.

I've always hated the "both sides are bad" argument, because elections have very real consequences. For just one example, millions of women have lost the right to reproductive care in the country as a direct result of the 2016 election. While there are bipartisan problems in the US and its politics, a MAGA government will be fundamentally different from a Democratic government in many ways.

I will also say that real earnings (that is take home pay after inflation) is not failing for meet raising prices and increasing real earnings has been the general trend for the last decade.

sundin13 said:
firebush03 said:

I've always hated the "both sides are bad" argument, because elections have very real consequences. For just one example, millions of women have lost the right to reproductive care in the country as a direct result of the 2016 election. While there are bipartisan problems in the US and its politics, a MAGA government will be fundamentally different from a Democratic government in many ways.

I will also say that real earnings (that is take home pay after inflation) is not failing for meet raising prices and increasing real earnings has been the general trend for the last decade.

firstly: “I’ve always hated the ‘both sides are bad’ argument, because elections have very real consequences.” Who’s to say you can’t despise both sides without casting your ballot? Yes, the abortion point is a great example as to why people *who care about the rights of women to have access to abortion* should go out and vote…however, my entire vote isn’t based on a single issue. That is, I will refuse to show my support to the Democratic Party until they nominate a candidate who promises change: The consequence of submitting to the elite and voting for whoever puppet they set up is status quo. I am not satisfied with status quo, as all it leads to is opposition parties who stand fundamentally against what I believe in emerging, taking power, and knocking us back even further. Biden has only be problems when it comes to addressing carbon emissions, despite standing on a platform of supporting otherwise: He therefore becomes a bad representation for my case in ideal governing, for he fails to enforce what he promises. Biden has only been problems when it comes to addressing forever wars: He blindly submit to *anything* the governmental bodies surrounding military request (he’s too old for this, he does not care even slightly about what’s going on around the world). Biden had done next to nothing to enforce legislation which would overturn state-level legislation on abortion: The Supreme Court is not a binding body, and the power of the executive far exceeds that of which the Judicial holds (case-and-point: Trail of Tears).

secondly: “MAGA government is fundamentally different from a Democratic government.” Care to elaborate? What policies would be changed beside social issues? I care for our oppressed, but that’s not everything.

firebush03 said:
sundin13 said:

firstly: “I’ve always hated the ‘both sides are bad’ argument, because elections have very real consequences.” Who’s to say you can’t despise both sides without casting your ballot? Yes, the abortion point is a great example as to why people *who care about the rights of women to have access to abortion* should go out and vote…however, my entire vote isn’t based on a single issue. That is, I will refuse to show my support to the Democratic Party until they nominate a candidate who promises change: The consequence of submitting to the elite and voting for whoever puppet they set up is status quo. I am not satisfied with status quo, as all it leads to is opposition parties who stand fundamentally against what I believe in emerging, taking power, and knocking us back even further. Biden has only be problems when it comes to addressing carbon emissions, despite standing on a platform of supporting otherwise: He therefore becomes a bad representation for my case in ideal governing, for he fails to enforce what he promises. Biden has only been problems when it comes to addressing forever wars: He blindly submit to *anything* the governmental bodies surrounding military request (he’s too old for this, he does not care even slightly about what’s going on around the world). Biden had done next to nothing to enforce legislation which would overturn state-level legislation on abortion: The Supreme Court is not a binding body, and the power of the executive far exceeds that of which the Judicial holds (case-and-point: Trail of Tears).

secondly: “MAGA government is fundamentally different from a Democratic government.” Care to elaborate? What policies would be changed beside social issues? I care for our oppressed, but that’s not everything.

So, you are willing to trade women's rights for the theoretical prospect of future change which may somehow come if you don't vote? Because that is basically what the "they are both bad so I'm not voting" argument amounts to: The negative consequences of a MAGA government are a price you are willing to pay in order for the assumed increased chance of future positive change. 

In regards to some of your other points:
-Biden passed the largest green energy bill in this country's history
-I agree that Biden has a lackluster foreign policy track record but leaving Afghanistan is not nothing, and I support continued investment in Ukraine. There is little evidence that Trump would be an improvement in this category.
-What exactly would you like to see Biden do in regards to state-level legislation on abortion, beyond what he has done (which, again, there have been actions taken in regards to the necessity for hospitals to provide life saving abortions, actions which have expanded access to medication abortion, expanded access to abortion travel for federal employees and the appointment of pro-Roe supreme court justices, which is not nothing)

Finally, what would be different under a MAGA government:
-Healthcare
-Taxation
-LGBTQ rights
-Women's rights
-Immigration
-The continued existence of our democracy

How much are you looking for?

I'm not really into politics but they seriously need to put a age limit.

Really crazy that two 80+ people are gonna be running in for the position of President.

sundin13 said:
firebush03 said:

So, you are willing to trade women's rights for the theoretical prospect of future change which may somehow come if you don't vote? Because that is basically what the "they are both bad so I'm not voting" argument amounts to: The negative consequences of a MAGA government are a price you are willing to pay in order for the assumed increased chance of future positive change. 

In regards to some of your other points:
-Biden passed the largest green energy bill in this country's history
-I agree that Biden has a lackluster foreign policy track record but leaving Afghanistan is not nothing, and I support continued investment in Ukraine. There is little evidence that Trump would be an improvement in this category.
-What exactly would you like to see Biden do in regards to state-level legislation on abortion, beyond what he has done (which, again, there have been actions taken in regards to the necessity for hospitals to provide life saving abortions, actions which have expanded access to medication abortion, expanded access to abortion travel for federal employees and the appointment of pro-Roe supreme court justices, which is not nothing)

Finally, what would be different under a MAGA government:
-Healthcare
-Taxation
-LGBTQ rights
-Women's rights
-Immigration
-The continued existence of our democracy

How much are you looking for?

-Women's rights

Nothing wrong with supporting women's rights, but I also support the rights of unborn babies.

If a women is assaulted that's horrible. If a pregnant women is assaulted it's even more horrible. Everyone gets that, because deep down we understand that not just one individual is assaulted, but two. Any judge would judge harder on the person assaulting a pregnant women for this very reason.

I am in favor that in some situations an abortion should be allowed, but I am not comfortable in the wording as 'women's rights'. This wording would imply that in any situation abortion should be allowed, dismissing any rights of the unborn baby entirely.