By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Biden vs Trump 2024 Political Platforms, Policies and Issues

Tober said:

When Trump was in office no new wars the US got involved in. Took money away from ISIS to let them fold. With Biden it's the same wars everywhere again, designed to be perpetual, to keep the weapons industry going. For world peace I think Trump is better.

Russia has been itching to get at Ukraine for years, and there have been plenty of spats under Trump

War in Donbas

The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has been ongoing for decades including under Trump

May 2019 Gaza–Israel clashes

November 2019 Gaza–Israel clashes

Around the Network

What about the Texas situation? I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I see on Twitter some people blaming it on Biden, and this could be the end of his reelection goal.

Is it that serious?

Tober said:

For world peace I think Trump is better.

If your idea of world peace is letting dictators seize more power and steamroll sovereign nations and peoples. I think the Kurds, Ukrainians, etc might take issue with that notion.

Tober said:

When Trump was in office no new wars the US got involved in. Took money away from ISIS to let them fold. With Biden it's the same wars everywhere again, designed to be perpetual, to keep the weapons industry going. For world peace I think Trump is better.

The USA under Trump straight-up assassinated the second most powerful person in Iran and almost started open warfare. Iran launch a host of missiles at American positions in Iraq, this was the first direct engagement between Iran and USA since 1988.

Trump as president was a hardline ally of Israel. The Israeli conflict will not deescalate under him.

Trump is a soft ally of Putin, if he doesn’t support Ukraine then he is supporting the destruction of an entire nation and tacitly approving of further Russian aggression and invasions. 

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

What about the Texas situation? I'm not sure what exactly is going on, but I see on Twitter some people blaming it on Biden, and this could be the end of his reelection goal.

Is it that serious?

The Governor of Texas ordered that a bunch of razor wire get put up along the border to show “if Biden won’t do anything about the border, I will!” The Biden administration has ordered for the wire to come down as it has prevented border patrol from carrying out their jobs and the fact that the border is under federal jurisdiction so Abbott has no authority to have it put up in the first place. The Supreme Court has just ruled in Biden’s and ordered the wire to come down.

Biden and a bipartisan group of Senators have been trying to negotiate a bill that includes funding for Ukraine, Israel & border security but Trump has reportedly been trying to convince Republicans in Congress to kill the deal since he wants to run on “Biden has done nothing and I will solve the border crisis” which is hard to run on if Biden successfully gets the bill passed.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Qwark said:

Which friends does America have with Trump in office though? UK, Japan, South Korea and Taiwan? He wants to continue the trade war with EU and has repeatedly stayed he wants the US to get out of NATO. So by voting for Trump you will vote for further isolation and the US will push the EU to China and India.

Yeah, the "Restore our standing in the world and American leadership abroad" point of Trump is pretty much the reverse of what will happen with him in power. Unless he means to restore the situation from before the 1880's, where the US where still considered as mostly insignificant by the european powers.

Yeah the "Restore our standing in the world and American leadership abroad" part made me do a double take.

He was adamant about alienating most of USA's natural allies. And since people (including world leaders caught on tape) commonly see him as not particularly bright, to put it mildly, it lead to situations such as when world leaders at the U.N. assembly couldn't hold in their laughter when he was bragging in his speech.

Biden not being all there in the head is also not a great look, but it's still a far cry from the Trump era where he notoriously barely even read intelligence briefings.

Tober said:

No doubt because USA were already active participants in too many wars at the time that had not reach a conclusion.
It almost looked like he intentionally wanted to start one with Iran, with the nuclear inspections issue and the drone strike assassination of one of their major generals.

Last edited by Hiku - on 26 January 2024

Chrkeller said:

How people are embracing trump is a complete mystery to me. I'm a registered republican and I just don't get it.

Honestly pretty funny that they go for the candidate that lost popular vote to Hilary Clinton of all people and already lost an entire election to a Democrat in Biden. Just asking to lose an election again.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

One problem I always see with these is that often, they say what they want to do, but not how they want to do or achieve it.

For instance, Trump want to lower the taxes, but doesn't say how he wants to finance that, same with Biden's social services funding. And how both want to want to to achieve that get the gas prices to go down.

I think this is a fundamental difference between the US and many other western countries, where the (mainstream) parties also detail how they want to achieve and finance their policies to some degree.

Which is why I would like to discuss, if they do achieve it what would be repercussions, and how could they achieve it (if they didn't state it)?

A political running platform is to showcase what that candidate's values are. If you like their values they showcase in the platform, then vote for that candidate.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Are we ignoring Trump may not even make it to election?

Xxain said:

Are we ignoring Trump may not even make it to election?

I seem to be seeing that a lot on the conservative networks.  They act like nothing is going to happen to trump. 

BiON!@