By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown for Switch will be a good or a bad port?

Tagged games:

What you think?

A good port like The Witc... 5 41.67%

A mid port like Overwatch 2 3 25.00%

A horrible port like Batman Arkham Knight 4 33.33%

Total:12

Honestly, i didnt expected this...

The required system for Ace Combat 7 on Steam is very similar to Nier Automata Requirements

Ace Combat 7

Nier Automata

What caught my attention is that both require 50 GB on PC, in the case Nier on Switch require 10.9GB.

So what you think about this?

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

It's 5 years old and the requirements on pc are low. Power won't be a big issue so It should be fine as long as it's not another lazy cash grab port.

From the trailer, it looks more than fine. Let's see in release, but I guess it's another "better late than ever" Bandai Namco move haha.

If we're making similar comparison to Nier Automata. It was a solid port so, prolly in the same ballpark

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

It's really tricky to say; we have so many ports that have gone both ways on Switch, including games that should have been a slam dunk falling short, and games that should've have been way out of reach actually turning out great.

It's quite a demanding game on consoles, managing just 720p on Xbox One S and only 1080p on PS4 Pro. From the trailer footage the graphical cutbacks seem intelligently judged; a lot will depend on how it runs.

It was one of the best looking games on ps4. Dnt know how well it would do on switxh. I wish they'd change the are style, to cell shaded. Instead of looking average or poor compared to other systems, a different art style will make it stand out and can still look stunning in the end.

Around the Network

An official comparison has been shared and it looks impressively close:

curl-6 said:

Lets wait and see how the  frame rate holds once there is more than one plane on screen, let alone all the chaos and explosions, lol. If it hold a consistent frame, I will consider buying for switch, to play on the go. I already got it on ps4.

KratosLives said:
curl-6 said:

Lets wait and see how the  frame rate holds once there is more than one plane on screen, let alone all the chaos and explosions, lol. If it hold a consistent frame, I will consider buying for switch, to play on the go. I already got it on ps4.

Switch does have the benefit of being able to go for a 30fps cap, where PS4/XBO shot for 60 but on base models couldn't hit it consistently. 

Being able to halve the refresh rate can not only offer more stability, but gives the Switch more headroom, similar to what we've seen in other ports that do this such as Nier Automata and Doom Eternal.

Zippy6 said:

It's 5 years old and the requirements on pc are low. Power won't be a big issue so It should be fine as long as it's not another lazy cash grab port.

Spot on. It comes down to if they put a good effort in it or minimal work to get a quick pay out.

I think it will be good. It's not as demanding as Arkham Knight, Hogwarts Legacy, and some other games.
As others have said, it will mostly be lack of optimization that would harm the performance rather than the Switch's aging mobile hardware.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima