By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Top 5 games of 2023

1. Marvel's Spider-Man 2
2. Super Mario Bros. Wonder
3. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
4. Star Wars Jedi: Survivor
5. Persona 5 Tactica

Super Mario RPG would've probably made the cut but I started it in December and I'm only midway through right now so I can't fairly judge it.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

It's hard because I didn't really play games released in 2023. Can only think of Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, Cocoon, Persona 5 Tactica and Gal Guardians Demon Purge. And that makes top 4. All other games I completed are either late Xbox ports or remasters which doesn't count for 2023

1. Super Mario Bros Wonder
2. Super Mario RPG
3. The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
4. Final Fantasy XVI
5. Final Fantasy VI Pixel Remaster

1. RE4

2. Diablo 4 (it's flawed but I can't put it down so that's gotta count for something)

3. Mario RPG

4. Mario Wonder

5. Dave the Diver

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Octopath Traveler 2
3. Trails to Azure
4. Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name
5. Yakuza Ishin

Around the Network

I’ve been thinking about my top 5 for a few days now and honestly, even tho I could do a top 5 I don’t think I played 5 games that deserve it. Phantom Liberty is my de facto number 1 tho and if I had played it more last year (I started it on the 31st of December) FFXVI would be number 2. 

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 05 January 2024

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

I like how there is a consnsus that marvel's spider man 2 was one of the best games this year.

BiON!@ 

I don't think I've played more than three 2023 games in 2023, so I'll just rank those three:

1. Cities: Skylines 2
  2. Assassin's Creed: Mirage
  3. Starfield

...Aand I just checked, and I guess Farthest Frontier kind of counts too, but it's Early Access since I think 2022, so perhaps not... And I'm not sure I want to rank it anyway since it doesn't have a clear place and it's not done yet. As for games released before 2023 that I only got around to playing in 2023, Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is probably the only one worth mentioning in such a good light, but I'd probably rank it lower than any of the 2023 games I listed anyway. All of the games I've mentioned are fun though, although all of them also have their flaws.

1. Metroid Prime Remastered
2. Super Mario Bros. Wonder
3. The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
4. Street Fighter 6
5. Super Mario RPG

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

1. Baldur's Gate 3
2. Path of Exile
3. Super Mario RPG
4. Super Mario Bros. Wonder
5. Sea of Stars