By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Multiplat 2024 OpenCritic Prediction League - Metaphor: ReFantazio at 93!

NobleTeam360 said:
LegitHyperbole said:

^ I think it's a mistake to be lowering your scores based on that demo, his is likely a 100 hours game. Can you two give me your reasoning for doubt? I have my issues with the demo and early game but I see the press stuff from further into the game to be strengthened more than anything...

@Kyuu
@NobleTeam360

I enjoyed the demo, an 89 is still a really good score. My only complaints was the performance (PC version at least) and the pacing was a bit off as well. I could probably bump it back up 1 more point to put it at a nice even 90. 

Eh, wth I'll do a 90 (I swear this is the last time I'll change it ) @UnderwaterFunktown

I agree on pacing, if it's story you mean and not frames. It does feel disjointed but it's a long drawn out tutorial. I forgot about performance. Indeed there are people complaining. Aside from the horrible aliasing I seen nothing wrong on PS4 pro so I have to assume ps5 and XSX are solid as well. PC players will complain about the smallest of things though, I seen Radek in the demo thread complaining that it dipped to 60fps 🤣 down from 200. That sure is horrible, just awful performance, they really need to patch that ASAP. 

Around the Network
LegitHyperbole said:

^ I think it's a mistake to be lowering your scores based on that demo, his is likely a 100 hours game. Can you two give me your reasoning for doubt? I have my issues with the demo and early game but I see the press stuff from further into the game to be strengthened more than anything...

@Kyuu
@NobleTeam360

I wrote some of my complaints on the Playstation thread a couple of days ago, but I only played it for 2-3 hours. Might change my opinion if I finish the demo.

88 would still be a great score and way higher than my initial subjective evaluation lol (Even Persona 5 is an 85/100 game in my book). NieR Automata averaged 89 and I loved it to bits!

Metaphor currently sitting at a 92 open score with 30 reviews in. 

Atlus delivering once again!

Just finished playing a few more hours of Metaphor demo and it grew on me a lot. The combat system is great and already fairly challenging (playing on the hardest available difficulty), and the visuals and direction are more pleasing now that I'm adjusting to them (switching audio to Japanese and lowering the music volume helped).

I still wasn't going to update my score until I finish the demo, which I couldn't in time :'(

Around the Network
Kyuu said:
Kyuu said:

Increasing Metaphor to 91.

Lowering to 88.

You done goofed.

LegitHyperbole said:

Metaphor Refantazio - 92
Black ops 6 - 85
Dragon Age The veilgaurd - 88 (It'll get a journalist politics bump)
Assassins creeed Shadows - 76
Metal Gear solid 3 Delta - 90
Hollow Knight Silk song - 84 (It's too long in the oven not to ve flawed)

Boom, baby. Another bullseye. 

Edit: Aw it slipped a point. That's a pity. 

Reviews are in for Metaphor: ReFantazio and it's sitting at a very impressive 93 with 51 reviews. Daym! Looks like the Persona team haven't lost their edge. It currently matches the highest prediction we have placed by @Shikamo 

I think I might wait for the inevitable Atlus revision myself (ReReFantazio?), but with score like that it certainly has me interested.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

UnderwaterFunktown said:

Reviews are in for Metaphor: ReFantazio and it's sitting at a very impressive 93 with 51 reviews. Daym! Looks like the Persona team haven't lost their edge. It currently matches the highest prediction we have placed by @Shikamo 

I think I might wait for the inevitable Atlus revision myself (ReReFantazio?), but with score like that it certainly has me interested.

A perfect predict on my personal goty

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
UnderwaterFunktown said:

Hey man. I predicted 92 also. Give me the credit. I really want your approval.