By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December Circana (NPD) 2023 Thread + Predictions

I predict the PS5 will outperform everything with the Switch 2 right behind.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

PS5 1.4m
Xbox 850k
Switch 800k

I will be aggressive here and go PS5 2M, Switch 900k and Series 850k.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Total Hardware Revenue
Revenue 1,500M

Total Hardware Units
#1 PS5 1,860K
#2 Nintendo Switch 1,140K
#3 Xbox Series X/S 1,010K

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 160 million (was 120 million, then 140 million, then 150 million)

PS5: 130 million (was 124 million)

Xbox Series X/S: 54 million (was 60 million, then 57 million)

"The way to accomplish great things, is to be indefatigable and never rest till the thing is accomplished." - Joseph Smith Jr.

Circana (NPD) drops tomorrow, so get your last minute predictions in. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network

Results are out. The highest hardware revenue ever for Sony in one month in the USA.

#1 - PlayStation, #2 - Switch, #3 - Xbox

PlayStation and Xbox both have higher hardware revenue than last year, Switch declined in "double digits".

Zippy6 said:

Results are out. The highest hardware revenue ever for Sony in one month in the USA.

#1 - PlayStation, #2 - Switch, #3 - Xbox

PlayStation and Xbox both have higher hardware revenue than last year, Switch declined in "double digits".

Does this mean Xbox sell more consoles than last year due to the discounts on both models?

I don't think anybody didn't expect a "double-digits" drop for the Switch, but the Xbox growth is suprising. Since the Switch is still ahead in dollar sales there should still be a notable gap between the two though, and PS5 is obviously way ahead.

The most important takeaway, however, is that I was spot on with my revenue prediction!
1.6 billy, baby!

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Xbox Series X|S had its best-selling December in the US to date. And PS5 also had its best December yet. PS5 and XS unit sales up by digit percentages, while Switch is down by double digit percentages.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

OP updated with the VGChartz breakdown of the numbers from Mat.