By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When will the Switch successor be announced?

March 2024.

But if they release any big games, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets pushed further out.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

February/March 2024 to be announced with a release during Fall/Winter 2024.

Exactly or around the same Switch timeline wise. We get the announcement around September/October.
Even though, we will learn of a new upcoming project following their Q&A session of their fiscal year in May. They will simply not commit to name anything for a while yet.

Then we get, the March, April or May 2025 release window for the Super Switch

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I'd guess a reveal in May, then in-depth look in July. Release in Sept or Oct. Don't think they're gonna wait all the way until the holidays to release this. Better to get a holiday launch boost with 3D Mario launch day, then come back with a holiday boost a couple months later along with Mario Kart.

Soon hopefully, recent switch ports have been disastrous!

Around the Network

February, imo. January may tick off the buyers from the holidays. February would be safer. Launches in May, June, or July.

No logic in launching in September or later, because consoles sell out during the ramp up to holidays regardless. If they want to maximize sales, they will launch it during the summer.

February/March seems like a safe bet.
Nintendo found out, that if you launch earlier in the year, before production has outpaced demand, you dont waste your first holiday sales, on being sold out to early adapters.
Ei. You get a better year of total sales, if you launch abit earlier on (depends ofc on how fast production is early on, but is likely something all 3 could benefit from).

Right now!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I'm still waiting for a price drop on Switch 1. I was expecting it to be $200 by now...

OneTime said:

I'm still waiting for a price drop on Switch 1. I was expecting it to be $200 by now...

From an inflation perspective, the console has gotten cheaper since it's release 2017. They simple didn't cut the price to keep similar profit margins I presume.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909