Astral Chain 6 9.23%

Fire Emblem: Three Houses 7 10.77%

Luigi's Mansion 3 5 7.69%

Other (please specify) 9 13.85%

Total:65

Luigi's Mansion 3. Not getting nearly the love it deserves on this poll. -_-

Around the Network

Other: Ring Fit Adventure.
Reality: Witcher 3: Complete, for Nintendo Switch, which I have multiple play throughs and hundreds of hours on.

Unfortunately, as a Switch fan, I've been missing a lot of game dates for my favourite recent games, because many of them are ports of games that came out 1-4 years earlier on other platforms and I'm not thinking about them in terms of their pre-Switch release dates.

On PC, I enjoy Imperator Rome from this year, but that games had a lot of problems in its first couple of years. I didn't play it until later on.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

2019 was kinda weak.

It still started promising for PSVR with Ace Combat 7 and had some more gems like Blood & Truth, LA Noire: The VR Case Files and No Man's Sky coming to the system yet most of my time was with Beat Saber. The move controllers were getting in the way of progress and simply not suited to moving around freely.

Ace Combat 7 was ace though!

However, only 3 mission in VR. I never played the rest of the game.

For flat games I only really enjoyed Death Stranding, something different.

Transport tycoon micro management style lol.

Best was exploring chapter 3 before doing any of the missions, offline, no mess from others

98 km survival tour around the map. Chapter 3 map was the star, beautifully crafted world (see the video)

I played offline first, the another online play through, then went on maximizing the rest of the deliveries

The music in the game was also outstanding.

So with over 250 hours played, it simply has to be my goty for 2019.

Other: Death Stranding.

At the time it was Resident Evil 2, but I hadn't played Control, which is now my favourite game from 2019; really cool setting and atmosphere.

Resident Evil 2 would be my second pick, followed by Sekiro.

The 2019 Winner, Death Stranding, not listed!?
https://goty.gamefa.com/year/2019/

Around the Network

Resident Evil is my choice. The remakes were what should have come out in 2011.

BiON!@ 

Astral Chain all the way

Resident Evil 2: Remake.

RE2 was my introduction to the franchise and to see it revamped in such a wonderful way was amazing. The right kind of remake, it's definitely brought up to modern standards but at the same time it feels like the game you remember.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 21 December 2023

Signature goes here!

Real ones knew this would be a banger at the start.

Need to put more time into Sekiro & RE2 Remake before committing them to the Runner-Up list.  For now, Control is my current #2.  

Last edited by coolbeans - on 21 December 2023

I haven’t been into gaming in a few years and seeing these last offerings really disappoints me. There’s been nearly nothing that interests me. I miss getting excited for awesome new releases.

Maybe it’s that expectation is to high and nothing beats the experiences I already had, or maybe I’m just jaded and too grown up. Maybe it’s that devs are being eaten up or going bankrupt. There used to be more that interested me.