By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 46, 2023 (Nov 06 - Nov 12)

There are always pretty tables comparing the weekly sales over the years but for some reason Xbox was left out. I'll try to fix that here.

Last edited by Chicho - on 16 November 2023

Around the Network

That's about 2.5 weeks' worth of pre-shortage PS5 sales; needs a decent follow-up week (75k+) to end up being net ahead.

Must say I'm surprised Wonder didn't have a bigger impact on Switch sales in Japan. TotK really did an amazing job in the slower months of setting a really high new base line that Wonder hasn't managed to replicate.

Relatively disappointing numbers for Switch this week but next week it should get a big boost with Momotaro Dentetsu World and Super Mario RPG.

archbrix said:

PS5 sales right around where I expected. Helps make up for the dismal Switch sales this week. :/

Mario hangs on to number one though, despite the new releases.

Dismal is a bit extreme. For a console so late in to its life, it's still doing amazing.

Lowest week 46 for Switch. Week 47 in 2022 did 170k so it’s going to be extremely hard to surpass that this year.

Very good numbers for PS5, but let’s wait for next week.

Around the Network
Machina said:

That's about 2.5 weeks' worth of pre-shortage PS5 sales; needs a decent follow-up week (75k+) to end up being net ahead.

Must say I'm surprised Wonder didn't have a bigger impact on Switch sales in Japan. TotK really did an amazing job in the slower months of setting a really high new base line that Wonder hasn't managed to replicate.

Same here.  I was definitely expecting to see Switch over 100k the week Wonder launched, with a steady 80k - 90k a week thereafter.  At this rate, just over 100k next week will be a pleasant surprise.

This and next week will at least mostly make up for the past few weeks for the PS5 so it getting over 2.5m should for sure happen now. The Switch has now fully returned to normality but is still doing really well for how old it is.

ToTK wasn't exactly the reason switch was doing so well in those months, after all the Ps5 also had really good weeks.

Also nice prediction,

Kind of a surprisingly low results for the Switch with everything taken into consideration ...

But then you remember this is a system in its seven years and maybe just maybe most people there aren't completely keen on getting such an old device now.

Anywoo, good week for the PS5 despite the fact that 20% of it's buyers were actually willing to pay a higher price for basically less ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

PS5 need to sell at least another 100k next week to make up for the past few weeks