By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo x Sony Announce Deal For live action "Legend of Zelda" feature film

CaptainExplosion said:
GameOverture said:

I’ve wanted a Zelda movie ever since that IGN April Fools trailer, but now that it’s here, I’m afraid it will be really generic and unspecial.

At least that useless twat face Uwe Boll isn't involved.

I don't think anyone has let him near a video game property in over a decade. The last time he did it was to an already dead franchise lol.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

So, Tom Holland as Link then?

Perhaps this is the dawn of a new Japanese harmony.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLAMarine said:

My expectations are low for this project...

Same, especially after Nintendo's most notable live-action movie (not counting Detective Pikachu), which thankfully has been replaced by a way better animated outing as of this past April.

Not advocating for live-action here, but I don't see how the result of the 90's live-action Super Mario Bros. movie would be any indication on how this new Zelda movie will turn out. That movie is 30 years old now. The world has moved on, even probably by and large forgotten about it and moreover Nintendo wasn't even involved in making that beyond licensing out the IP to the producer. Now, Nintendo actually is making this new Zelda film and Miyamoto will be hovering over it like a dictator. While I agree initially I personally would've thought animated would work better, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for now and at least not base my expectations on something that's completely unrelated and irrelevant.

S.Peelman said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Same, especially after Nintendo's most notable live-action movie (not counting Detective Pikachu), which thankfully has been replaced by a way better animated outing as of this past April.

Not advocating for live-action here, but I don't see how the result of the 90's live-action Super Mario Bros. movie would be any indication on how this new Zelda movie will turn out. That movie is 30 years old now. The world has moved on, even probably by and large forgotten about it and moreover Nintendo wasn't even involved in making that beyond licensing out the IP to the producer. Now, Nintendo actually is making this new Zelda film and Miyamoto will be hovering over it like a dictator. While I agree initially I personally would've thought animated would work better, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt for now and at least not base my expectations on something that's completely unrelated and irrelevant.

Eh, it's not forgotten at all. Still a cult hit and they just put it out on Bluray.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

And Jennifer Lawrence as Zelda?

We'll need someone tall, dark and imposing to play Ganondorf... how about Dwayne Johnson?

Any idea who could play Impa?

Last edited by Bofferbrauer2 - on 09 November 2023

Link will be black and gay.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

We'll need someone tall, dark and imposing to play Ganondorf... how about Dwayne Johnson?

Don't know about Impa, but Dwayne Johnson as Ganon sounds awesome. I'm afraid to pick someone for Impa because it's a role that requires someone of advanced age. That's why, as much as it pains to say, I wouldn't cast Mel Brooks as Cranky Kong. :( 

CaptainExplosion said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Don't know about Impa, but Dwayne Johnson as Ganon sounds awesome. I'm afraid to pick someone for Impa because it's a role that requires someone of advanced age. That's why, as much as it pains to say, I wouldn't cast Mel Brooks as Cranky Kong. :( 

Could Mel Brooks really be worse than what we got though?

Draconidas said:

Link will be black and gay.

I thought they were working with Sony not Netflix?

This news is most unwelcome.  I could see a live action Metroid having potential but not a live action Zelda.  I don't know that I'd even want animated Zelda but if given just the two choices I'd go animated.