By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo x Sony Announce Deal For live action "Legend of Zelda" feature film

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Don't know about Impa, but Dwayne Johnson as Ganon sounds awesome. I'm afraid to pick someone for Impa because it's a role that requires someone of advanced age. That's why, as much as it pains to say, I wouldn't cast Mel Brooks as Cranky Kong. :( 

Could Mel Brooks really be worse than what we got though?

Way better, actually, but like I mentioned before, advanced age, and Mel is one of Hollywood's longest surviving actors at 97 years old, which unfortunately means he could pass on sometime very soon. Just like how we thought Betty White was gonna be here forever, now she's not. :( 

Around the Network
Draconidas said:

Link will be black and gay.

I bet that would offend you.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Bofferbrauer2 said:

And Jennifer Lawrence as Zelda?

We'll need someone tall, dark and imposing to play Ganondorf... how about Dwayne Johnson?

Any idea who could play Impa?

I have a hard time taking Dwayne Johnson seriously he have the physics for the role but I do not think of him as intimating enough. Maybe Idris Elba? 

Impa is a very difficult cast. Most of the actresses that come to mind might be to old. Strict and an aura of respect. But the role is not as set in stone as Zelda, Link and Ganondorf. Depending on what story they will film the role might not be needed at all.

Jennifer Lawrence is a great actress with a diverse set of role portraits, but she does not ooze wisdom and feels bit to extroverted for the role of Zelda. I hope for a setting with younger actors for Zelda and Link anyway.

Draconidas said:

Link will be black and gay.

So many people here who don't like black gay people.

Not that I want Link to be black and gay, but most people who don't like characters being made black and/or gay are alt-right scumbags, so it's hard to speak out about forced inclusivity without being included with January 6ers.

Around the Network

I want to be link and also black and gay...

Switch!!!

I want Link to be trans black and gay. I want to see the bigots rage.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Really a better idea would be, in the next Zelda game, have a new supporting character who's dark skinned and gay. The closest we've had to gay men in Zelda are the carpenters in Breath of The Wild, except Hudson, who we can pretty much confirm as straight because he had a little girl with a woman.

Leynos said:

I want Link to be trans black and gay. I want to see the bigots rage.

True, seeing bigots rage is fun, and it was the only good thing about the Little Mermaid remake.

CaptainExplosion said:

Really a better idea would be, in the next Zelda game, have a new supporting character who's dark skinned and gay. The closest we've had to gay men in Zelda are the carpenters in Breath of The Wild, except Hudson, who we can pretty much confirm as straight because he had a little girl with a woman.

I like that some of the NPCs in TotK are quite queer coded as well!
Oh, and not to contest your conclusion or anything, just a friendly reminder: bisexual people exist and have kids ^^,

dan_banan said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I like that some of the NPCs in TotK are quite queer coded as well!
Oh, and not to contest your conclusion or anything, just a friendly reminder: bisexual people exist and have kids ^^,

Shit, I keep forgetting that.