By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Studios Sony Is To Acquire

Should Sony acquire a big publisher or only focus on smaller developers?

They should acquire a big Publisher 5 13.51%

They should focus on smaller developers 19 51.35%

They should do a little bit of both 13 35.14%

Total:37

If Sony bought Atlus back in 2013 instead of Sega, we'd probably only be able to play Atlus games on PlayStation and PC.
It likely would've been great for Sony, but with issues for Nintendo and Xbox players missing out.
I think Sony should go for smaller developers in Japan, the Americas, and Europe. I really don't want them to try to buy Square Enix. That's not as huge as Microsoft buying Activision Blizzard, but it's bigger than I'm comfortable with.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

Seeing this get a necro bump, I still think Shift Up and Arrowhead make the most sense for Sony to buy.

^Agreed, smaller devs like Arrowhead is the way.
Huge IP like T2 is just overpriced and if they took it console exclusive they would just lose value.
At most I can see Sega. Or potentially Epic (pricier than T2), but that is less about studios/IP. 

Last edited by mutantsushi - on 13 February 2024

Ember Lab, Arrowhead, Shift Up, BlueTwelve and Koei Tecmo, the latter is valued at almost 4 Billion USD, close to what Sony paid for Bungie.

Focus on smaller studios, ideally 2nd party. So that would be arrowhead, shift up, China project studios and any others I'm missing.

Around the Network

I like what you said about them buying smaller studios.  Because then this would give those smaller studios a chance to make games that they have been dreaming of making for years. 

TheLegendaryBigBoss said:

Focus on smaller studios, ideally 2nd party. So that would be arrowhead, shift up, China project studios and any others I'm missing.

BiON!@