By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros. Wonder: 93 Metacritic / 92 Opencritic

Tagged games:

what an amazing surprise

Switch!!!

Around the Network
KratosLives said:

Are games like this better played on tv or portable?

Depends... And the beauty of the Switch is... Play it however you like.

It would be hard to pass up playing this on a big 75-85" OLED display with it's rich vivid colours and deep blacks... Especially as the game has very clean lines so should scale upwards very well.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

KratosLives said:

Are games like this better played on tv or portable?

TV obviously.

But with the Switch, you can do both and cant really go wrong with either.

(I only play nintendo first party games on TV and play multiplat third party titles on portable)

dafuc.. i was thinking 'ill skip this one' but apparently i need to just buy it.. my wallet hates me right now

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

It wont be until late tomorrow I will get to play this.

Cant wait!!!

Love how some reviewers are saying its a true sequel to Super Mario World (which is my favorite 2D Mario).

Around the Network

Hopefully this further reinforce their practice to let developers be creative and have lots of time.
You can push out games quickly for a quick fill in and cash, but a game like this will have a bigger long term impact. It will be loved by fans, it will have remaster/remake potential later, it will push the franchise and give new ideas for future titles. I'm so glad they are going back to this and it translate directly to the quality of the games they have been putting out.

I had a good feeling about this one even before it was revealed. Knew they would have to reinvent the formula to refresh the franchise. Excited to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Can't wait to play this tomorrow. This is probably the last huge new game on Switch, capping out an unbelievable library of games. Great that Nintendo is closing out their mega titles on Switch with the first fresh take on 2D Mario in like ~16 years. Hopefully they never fall into the laziness again where they just release the same Mario series for nearly 3 gens in a row. Every generation deserves a fresh take on 2D Mario.

Hoping Wonder is every bit as good as these 90+ reviews say.
I'm looking for 8 million in sales over the weekend and 18-20 million this quarter.

I've played through the first four worlds and the game can score with a lot of gameplay variety. I do wonder if the Rayman-like popping up of collectibles after touching certain things played a role in the high Metascore; I am still not sure what led reviewers to overrate Rayman games by that much, but maybe that's just what they like? Or it's that there are no time limits in levels anymore. The new artstyle makes the typical world themes fresh again.

Also got to play half a world in multiplayer. It makes a lot of difference that characters can't interact with each other anymore. There's no bumping into someone else anymore, but at the same time you can't pick up a weaker player to help them either. The phantom-system gives the surviving players five seconds to prevent the loss of an extra life of the shared pool.

SMB Wonder is certainly not following the NSMB formula and that's true in many areas. The only complaint I have so far is more emphasis on story; sure, the dialogue portions are short, but most of them weren't really needed at all.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Finally, tomorrow can't come soon enooooouuuuugggghhhh !!!

Too bad I have work first though ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909