By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 40, 2023 (Sep 25 - Oct 01)

Half of the top 30 are new SKUs.

Around the Network

https://x.com/Genki_JPN/status/1710091695868744037?s=20

A reminder for when people want to make direct sales comparisons, especially for long standing franchise's. PS4 software sales in particular would be very skewed.

If you'd take I to account all the different SKU's for the same gamesz then there isn't exactly many new titles here.

A breath of fresh air nonetheless.
Then Mario OLED comes in next week so there might be a rise in Switch software sales

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Armoured Core is gone from the top 30; the influx of a lot of new titles helped, but the way it was tracking this week or next seemed likely to see them gone anyway.

Kyuu said:

Both PS5 models got a (second!) price hike in Japan:

This generation kinda stinks.

Youch ! 

Something tells me where about to see bigger in-land sales from Japan but once that price hike kicks in, the numbers might crash hard. 

Like I don't see how people there will keep on paying such a pricey console at this rate. Of course import to China will probably constitute most of the sales at that point.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
Kyuu said:

Both PS5 models got a (second!) price hike in Japan:

This generation kinda stinks.

Like I don't see how people there will keep on paying such a pricey console at this rate. Of course import to China will probably constitute most of the sales at that point.

Extremely idiotic comment, including the neverending "China" bit...

These prices include sales tax. So the "pricey consoles" in Japan are still the lowest, anywhere. Despite the exchange rate that has tanked.

Yeah PS5 sales will spike now as people rush to take advantage of the current pricing, then take a hit once the more expensive models take over.
Echoing the sentiment that this gen kinda sucks; consoles going up in price rather than down, hardly any current gen exclusives, generally uninspired software output in general.

Switch seems to have finally hit the cliff. 56k is still good but it will be a rapid decline.

crankberryjoos said:

Switch seems to have finally hit the cliff. 56k is still good but it will be a rapid decline.

Lmao, it's about to accelerate; Mario OLED comes out with tomorrow's numbers, then Mario Wonder itself.

crankberryjoos said:

Oooh, look a cliff theorist! Cool for you, now whose alt are you?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!