By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC: Switch 2 Was Shown At Gamescom Running Matrix Awakens UE5 Demo

All I know is FF7 Rebirth looks phenomenal, so good to mobile at matching ps5 graphics.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network
Chrkeller said:

All I know is FF7 Rebirth looks phenomenal, so good to mobile at matching ps5 graphics.

when it comes to graphics sony devs are on another league. spider will be 60fps with ray tracing first dev to actually pull that off on ps5 i think. 

zeldaring said:
sc94597 said:

Basically there are a few principles to consider when doing this analysis:

The larger the chip => the more expensive it is, all else equal. This is because you cut fewer chips per wafer AND because there is a greater likelihood of defects, resulting in fewer useable chips. 

The "smaller" the process node => the more costly the wafer, but not necessarily the chips produced by it. 

This is because:

The "smaller" the process node => the denser the transistor complexity of the wafer => more chips that can be cut from that wafer.

Voltage (and therefore power) is loosely proportional to clock speed until you bring it so low that you approach a sort of "minimum voltage" (before which you need to shut down cores.)

GPU's can be utilized well in parallel workloads, so having more cores can in most cases easily make up for a low voltage, but having more cores increases die size and therefore cost (for reasons mentioned earlier.) 

There is an optimal voltage/core count for a given power profile, on a give process node. 

Because voltage can vary, but core count is set, it is important to get core count correct earlier.

12SM's is nowhere near the optimal core count for an 8N Samsung chip at 3W. It might be doable on a 4N TSMC chip.

The guy posting the info is not some idiot he understands all this. He even cause someone postings a fake NVDA  card video and called them out before it was released his info says 8NM and people have replied with your same theory yet he didn't change his info meaning he probably has a very reliable source but course its all a rumor and we will have to wait  i would wager on him being right though.

There is a wide gap between "not being an idiot" and knowing every facet about the hardware one is ostensibly leaking. As he will admit, he gets things wrong about a third of the time (i.e RTX 3090Super, RTX 2080ti Super, etc.)

Notice that he doesn't respond to the many people querying about the apparent contradiction between "Switch = T239" and "8N". 

It could be as simple as him just assuming that because it is Ampere or a T239 it will be 8nm or his source assumed. 

Chrkeller said:

Leaks are assumptions.  It isn't hard evidence.

Wind Waker on the switch was leaked from a 'reliable' source.....   

What Nintendo will or will not use is speculation.  Especially since underclocking is a real possibility like with the current model.

There is a big difference between a guy SAYING windwaker is coming and someone actually leaking the data via a hack that others can access with much of the data having already been proven correct at this point including game releases. 

Linux code also references T239.

The only part that's a rumor is whether or not T239 is in the Switch 2. Not whether T239 exists in general. Which means we can look at whether T239 is likely based on what we know of that chip and chips like it. 

Besides, I believe an Nvidia employee confirmed it's existence sometime last year or early this year. They explicitly stated T239. 

Doctor_MG said:
Chrkeller said:

Leaks are assumptions.  It isn't hard evidence.

Wind Waker on the switch was leaked from a 'reliable' source.....   

What Nintendo will or will not use is speculation.  Especially since underclocking is a real possibility like with the current model.

There is a big difference between a guy SAYING windwaker is coming and someone actually leaking the data via a hack that others can access with much of the data having already been proven correct at this point including game releases. 

Linux code also references T239.

The only part that's a rumor is whether or not T239 is in the Switch 2. Not whether T239 exists in general. Which means we can look at whether T239 is likely based on what we know of that chip and chips like it. 

Besides, I believe an Nvidia employee confirmed it's existence sometime last year or early this year. They explicitly stated T239. 

No point in wasting time on D&D (guess what that stands for), they're not interested (probably 1 person using an alt account at that) in having any kind of reasonable conversation. 

Like the same logic was used when I made a thread about reports of Switch 2 at Gamescom ("these rumorz are not true cuz if it was how cumz I no play Zelda Wind Waker now?" ... what kind of logic is this even, one thing has nothing at all to do with the other) and since then it's been crossed verified by multiple other sources that Switch 2 was indeed shown by Nintendo at Gamescom. 

Around the Network

reliable leaker reconfirms 8nm https://nitter.net/Syferz/status/1702299143501451278#m

zeldaring said:

reliable leaker reconfirms 8nm https://nitter.net/Syferz/status/1702299143501451278#m

That's the original Twitter thread we were already discussing. 

sc94597 said:
zeldaring said:

its says sept 14 but maybe something is up with with the dates.

zeldaring said:
sc94597 said:

its says sept 14 but maybe something is up with with the dates.

Yeah that is what prompted the discussion here, yesterday, September 14th. 

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9469862

It'd be kind of weird to use 8LPP for a mid to late 2024 product when even budget smartphones like the Samsung A14 are using N5/5LPP SoCs.