By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NFL 2023 Season Discussion Thread

Cool to see that the Vikings lost.

Green Bay's second game will be on the road too. It's winnable again, because the Falcons may be judged as possibly the best NFC South team, but we all know that doesn't mean much. They are better than the Bears though.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network

If I was Minnesota I would trade Kirk Cousins to the Jets for a piece or two of that great young defense and tank for Caleb Williams.

MIN@PHI GB@ATL IND@HOU SEA@DET
LAC@TEN LV@BUF KC@JAX BAL@CIN
CHI@TB SF@LAR NYG@ARZ NYJ@DAL
WAS@ DEN MIA@NE NO@CAR CLE@ PIT
Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 17 September 2023

LudicrousSpeed said:

If I was Minnesota I would trade Kirk Cousins to the Jets for a piece or two of that great young defense and tank for Caleb Williams.

Minnesota might be willing, but I think the Jets ride or die with Wilson this year. He didn't look great last week but he was a pretty huge prospect and is only in his second year so it's not like they need to go all in this year. 

Of course they already did try to go all in this year when they signed Rodgers, but Kirk is not Rodgers, and they're already giving up a 2nd round pick next year. 

If I were them I'd keep their great defense together and hope Zach makes the leap into "not horrendous" territory. 

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

I'm not sure if there's an official prediction thread for the NFL but here are my predictions for winners.

GB
IND
DET
TEN
LV
JAX
CIN
TB
SF
NYG
NYJ
DEN
MIA
NO
PIT

I'd bet my achilles tendon at least one of those teams win

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

Around the Network

The 49ers did not play particularly well against the Rams today.
Missed opportunities on offense and the defense was terrible in the 1st half.
Yet they still managed to score 30 and win by 7 (because for some baffling reason, McVay decided to kick a FG w/ 4 seconds left w/ the game already over. Guess he had money on the -7.5 point spread.)

Ugly win, but a win regardless. They gotta clean some stuff up against the Giants on TNF.

Cool to see that the Lions and Bears lost.

Not cool that the Packers couldn't close their game out and fell to the Falcons. But because all NFC North teams lost this week, the Packers remain at the top of the division.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Absolutely gruesome injury to Nick Chubb tonight.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Absolutely gruesome injury to Nick Chubb tonight.

Sadly it looks career ending. If you haven't seen it, it's better not to.

With the injuries to Chubb and Saquon Barkley, it's no surprise RBs are demanding more pay.
Out of all the skill positions on offense, they're the ones who take the most punishment.