By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - NFL 2023 Season Discussion Thread

Game Day!!!

Around the Network

49ers go into Pittsburgh and kick the crap out of the Steelers. So that makes me happy!

C'mon Bengals! You can do better.

My goodness. What a non-show. Giants laid an egg.

PAOerfulone said:

Don't know about you guys, but I'll still do predictions just for the fun of it. I don't plan on keeping score or anything.

DET @ KC  L SF @ PIT   L (YES!)JAX @ IND   WMIA @ LAC    L
TEN @ NO   WCIN @ CLE   LGB @ CHI   LLV @ DEN     W
ARZ @ WAS   WCAR @ ATL   LPHI @ NE    WDAL @ NYG   W
TB @ MIN   LHOU @ BAL   WLAR @ SEA    LBUF @ NYJ

7-8. 

C'mon, Bills. I'm counting on you!

Around the Network

They didn't broadcast the Packers game over here, so I couldn't watch. But great to learn that they kicked off their season with a blowout win in Chicago. Love's statline is solid and efficient with a completion rate of about 60% for 245 yards and 3 TDs against no INT.

Cool to see that the Vikings lost.

Overall, not too many surprising results, so I think I would have got 10 to 11 picks right if we still had a prediction league. Although I do have to say that some games were more lopsided than I would have imagined, including Green Bay's.

But as usual, the bottom line for week 1 is that it commonly constitutes an outlier week for quite a few teams every year. Extrapolating anything for the season as a whole is a fool's errand.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Dear Jets, Giants, and Metlife Stadium owners,

Ditch the fucking turf and use real grass, you Goddamn cheapskates!

PAOerfulone said:

Dear Jets, Giants, and Metlife Stadium owners,

Ditch the fucking turf and use real grass, you Goddamn cheapskates!

Rodgers is out of the game, thanks to turf (well, okay, maybe not precisely for that reason). Didn't take long for all the Jets hype to fall flat on its face.

I suppose after this week 1 any remaining Packers fan who loathed the decision to move on from Rodgers to Love are on board now. Then again, Rodgers would have probably not been hurt, if he still had a somewhat competent O-line in front of him.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

turf luck

It’s a real damn shame that Rodgers went down like that. Him along w/ this defense could have taken the Jets real far.
Alas, it’s the Zach Wilson experience all over again.