By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 Pro specs leaked out, dev kits go out in 11/2023, release 11/2024

JRPGfan said:

Azzanation said:

Series S vs X, is a factor of +300% (4tflops vs 12)
PS5 vs rumored PS5pro, is a factor of +50% (10,2 Tflops vs ~15 Tflops)

Yeah... that's 200% for the Xbox comparison

Besides, that's rounding down and lowballing the GPU that will base the PS5 Pro's, which should have at least twice as many transistors as the Navi-22-like GPU in the PS5 and outperform it by 70%-240% depending on the computational task (assuming conservative clock speeds).

How good it'll be depends on how well developers can leverage the architecture. In practice, it'll be closer to the PS5 base than the Series S is to the Series X, but not to the extent you suggest.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:

So, the base PS5 will be holding back the PS5 Pro since that's what everyone is saying about the Series S right?

Specs aren't too bad, but I still think it's rather early.

This is a nonsense take. Games are most likely targeted for PS5/XSX as first priority on consoles. Then XSS. If this is anything like the PS4 Pro/XBO X we'd see more performance modes and resolution options verses base model. And the base model being main dev platform.

Take most current games with fidelity mode right now can't even reach 4K using DSR or need some sort of upscaling to reach that res. If this is 2x performance in normal rasterization and 2-2.5x in Raytracing, we could finally see most if not all games running at least 1800P. And a lot more games with locked 60 and higher DSR and fidelity at 4K. With titles using Raytracing getting a massive bump in resolution and FPS.

Still all rumors ofc so all hypothetical.

Last edited by hinch - on 24 July 2023

hinch said:
Azzanation said:

So, the base PS5 will be holding back the PS5 Pro since that's what everyone is saying about the Series S right?

Specs aren't too bad, but I still think it's rather early.

This is a nonsense take. Games are most likely targeted for PS5/XSX as first priority on consoles. Then XSS. If this is anything like the PS4 Pro/XBO X we'd see more performance modes and resolution options verses base model. And the base model being main dev platform.

Take most current games with fidelity mode right now can't even reach 4K using DSR or need some sort of upscaling to reach that res. If this is 2x performance in normal rasterization and 2-2.5x in Raytracing, we could finally see most if not all games running at least 1800P. And a lot more games with locked 60 and higher DSR and fidelity at 4K. With titles using Raytracing getting a massive bump in resolution and FPS.

Still all rumors ofc so all hypothetical.

No question PS5 base will hold PS5Pro down, that is part of being same generation and ensuring 100% compatibility. So we will get similar stuff as last gen, better performance, stable framerate and better Ray Tracing, also possibly better PSVR2 output.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

JackHandy said:

Just got a PS5 like two weeks ago and I gotta be honest... thinking of returning it now. lol

Just sell it when the pro releases. You can get lots of money for consoles if they are in good condition, even better with original box, especially during the holidays.

The key is to keep it in good condition, with the original box, so it is suitable for gifting. 

Last edited by VAMatt - on 24 July 2023

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I'll skip. Due to a surprising amount of games coming to PC, I barely turned on my PS5. The only thing that might sway me is if Gamestop has a great trade in deal.

It also wouldn't surprise me if it sounds like a jet engine similar to the PS4 Pro due to how inefficient and power hungry RDNA 3 is.

I almost forgot about that. 

I didn't think it was going to be a big deal, but the PS4 Pro really was annoyingly loud.  People talked about that a lot though, so I would think Sony will try to do noticeably better this time around. 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

The way this is spoke about there doesn't make it feel much special in terms of upgrade, like it's basically catching up to the difference between it and the Series X, with a surplus and the accelerated ray-tracing sauce.

As for pricing, it'll certainly be the most interesting part of the topic.

It has to be priced $499.  It isn't spectacular enough to go higher than that.

DonFerrari said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:

Hm... I don't see people complaining about lack of power on current PS5. What I see is people wondering when Sony will release a smaller version, since the current one is quite big.

I have a friend that loves Playstation games, but he don't have a PS5 yet, He told me one of the reasons he hadn't bought one yet is because he doesn't even know where he would put it, since it's way too big for his living room.

I recognize PS5 is pretty big, but I find hard to think of a living room that couldn't fit one at all even more on a gamers house = p

I don't think there's any serious issue with it being too big to physically fit the space. But the thing is very large, and has a distinctive look. I can see a wife not allowing that thing in a living room. 

VAMatt said:
JackHandy said:

Just got a PS5 like two weeks ago and I gotta be honest... thinking of returning it now. lol

Just sell it when the pro releases. You can get lots of money consoles if they are in good condition, even better with original box, during the holidays.

The key is to keep it in good condition, with the original box, so it is suitable for gifting. 

Exactly. You can literately sell you ps5 in 1 year easy for 380$ on offer up. for all we know PS5 pro might not even come out, just like switch pro which was heavily rumored for years.

I was someone who almost exclusively gamed on Nintendo for a long time until I get a PS4 Pro in 2019. I got a PS5 in 2022. There's no real reason for me to get a PS5 Pro unless it has SSD functionality similar to the Xbox Series. After my M2 died after 8 months of use, I'm not in the mood to fiddle with another one.
Even then, paying $400-$600 just to have some better specs and potentially a better storage situation is still a tall order.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

These two lines are a bit irritating:

• Been in development since early 2022
• 30 WGP and 18000mts Memory

The memory speed is obscure. Probably he means 18Gbps chips (PS5 has 14Gbps chips).

The development start is obviously nonsense. The Cerny patent was revealed early 2022 (patents roughly are revealed 1 year after they enter the patent is granted stage). A PS5 Pro has to bring "new stuff" onto the table, simply adding a few cus don't make sense here (unlike the PS4 Pro that needed the beefed up gpu to bring PSVR titles up to usable speeds). In any case, a PS5 Pro was very likely thought about as early as the PS5 SoC went into design stage.

The whole thing reads like a clickbait article with a few "safe guesses".