By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: PS5 Pro specs leaked out, dev kits go out in 11/2023, release 11/2024

VAMatt said:
DonFerrari said:

I recognize PS5 is pretty big, but I find hard to think of a living room that couldn't fit one at all even more on a gamers house = p

I don't think there's any serious issue with it being too big to physically fit the space. But the thing is very large, and has a distinctive look. I can see a wife not allowing that thing in a living room. 

That I can certainly see as a problem for some people/couples.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Honestly even base PS5 is still pretty strong, it even wins in most multiplat games against stronger XSX.

The Crew Motorfest beta run better on PS5 as well, but a more powerful Pro that could run GTA 6 in 60 fps would be very welcome for many.

The rumored comparisons are:
Raster: x2
RT: x2.5

The RT increase is made possible through custom hardware highlighted in one of their recent patents.

Given these rumored leaks, it is easy to imagine that the PRO GPU is using either using newer WGP architecture, a faster clock or both.

The result is basically the PRO can run RT Quality modes at 60FPS. You may also get more 120 FPS performance modes.

And the biggest advancement might actually be in VR. You could easily run mostly every game at 120FPS with full RT.

This console if for 60FPS purists and VR gamers.

CosmicSex said:

The RT increase is made possible through custom hardware highlighted in one of their recent patents.

Given these rumored leaks, it is easy to imagine that the PRO GPU is using either using newer WGP architecture, a faster clock or both.

The result is basically the PRO can run RT Quality modes at 60FPS. You may also get more 120 FPS performance modes.

And the biggest advancement might actually be in VR. You could easily run mostly every game at 120FPS with full RT.

Would that be RX 7900 XT level performance? That's crazy for a console!

VAMatt said:
DonFerrari said:

I recognize PS5 is pretty big, but I find hard to think of a living room that couldn't fit one at all even more on a gamers house = p

I don't think there's any serious issue with it being too big to physically fit the space. But the thing is very large, and has a distinctive look. I can see a wife not allowing that thing in a living room. 

My friend, try to keep it to three consecutive posts. :)

Around the Network
Radek said:
CosmicSex said:

Also unlikely it's gonna happen

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The real world GPU rasterization performance jump has to be at least 2x over the base model for the Pro to be appealing to a decent percentage (20%+) of the existing PS5 userbase. 1.5x wouldn't cut it. The price hopefully won't exceed $500 (discless) and $600 (with the disc drive).

The "real" PS5 Slim may come out later near the end of 2025 at $300 (discless).

Radek said:
CosmicSex said:

No. With 84 CU, the 7900 XT would firmly be in the lead when measuring raster.   Even if its clocked at 2500 MHz over the 7900's 2400 Mhz, and even if the Pro is using RDNA 3 (some rumors claim RDNA 3.5), 84 CUs is going to out-raster 56.

The real benefit is in RT.  By moving from TMU to custom accelerator, you are giving your yourself a real tangible  boost.  A 2.5x RT boost puts the rumored PRO firmly above the 7900 XT.  You are comparing the performance of 84 CUs to over theoretically 125+ CUs.  At the same time, you are returning all of those resources to traditional raster.  (Working smarter not harder)

So to answer your question, in pure technical terms the 7900 xt will be faster in pure raster workloads, but as soon as you put RT into the equation, the Pro will easily match the 7900 XT.  If AMD is able to leverage the offloaded RT accelerator in it future cards and return the resources from RT back to raster as with the Pro, it can easily top this and hopefully make AMD more competitive in RT. 

But yeah the PRO is a massive upgrade over the PS5 simply because it takes a play out of the Nvidia playbook.  When you look at current gen consoles, they are splitting resources between raster and RT.  The Pro corrects this, this gives you a meaningful boost without having to add massive amounts of silicon to the board which hopefully will help keep prices in check.  With the clocks of the PS5, you are getting nearly 80% raster boost over the Xbox Series X on roughly the same sized board.  

Its almost as if these things are designed by brilliant engineers...😆

Kyuu said:

The real world GPU rasterization performance jump has to be at least 2x over the base model for the Pro to be appealing to a decent percentage (20%+) of the existing PS5 userbase. 1.5x wouldn't cut it. The price hopefully won't exceed $500 (discless) and $600 (with the disc drive).

The cost of the APU will be somewhat higher than the base PS5, but will be offset by the lower price of SSD and GDDR6.

This modest upgrade won't cost that much more.

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Kyuu said:

The cost of the APU will be somewhat higher than the base PS5, but will be offset by the lower price of SSD and GDDR6.

This modest upgrade won't cost that much more.

Over 600USD would be problematic sale imho.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."