By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Final Fantasy XVI Discussion thread! Total Sales top 3 million!!!

That mods looks so sick!!

method114 said:
Wman1996 said:

I am waiting. My Final Fantasy history is as follows.

VII on PS4

VII Remake (Part I of the ongoing remake)

XIV: The main quest of A Realm Reborn and some misc. stuff

VII Remake INTERmission

Final Fantasy IV (PS4): I'm only several dungeons in. I want to get back eventually but it's a cryptic game at times. 

Crisis Core (PS5)

Since my history is so skewed towards VII and that's what I'm interested in, Rebirth will come before XVI. 

This is very similar to my own history. Except I never beat the original 7. I think I got to the chocobo race and that's it.

BiON!@ 

Around the Network

Been playing a bit of this while waiting for the DLCs to download and after almost a year I have some thoughts:

* This game's performance mode is a bit rougher than Rebirth, isn't it? Less pop-in and low-res textures on the other hand. That being said...

* In retrospect I like this setting a lot and wish this game had had a higher budget like Rebirth (since seemingly, you know, 16 sold better). We only had four regions (maybe five with the DLC, but still) vs. six in Rebirth, some missing voice acting, shallower sidequests, etc.

We'll see how the DLCs will pan out but I'm leaning toward bumping my score to an 8.5 if they deliver in terms of content and Jill's character.

You have no idea how many screenshots I will do when the PC version will be out...

I just started FF XVI after getting $5 off + clearance price at a retailer.
I should probably wait to buy the DLC, right? I've heard it's tough and not the best quality and it takes a while before you can even use it in game. It's $24.99 for the bundle. Any feedback would be welcome. Thank you all.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

I just started FF XVI after getting $5 off + clearance price at a retailer.
I should probably wait to buy the DLC, right? I've heard it's tough and not the best quality and it takes a while before you can even use it in game. It's $24.99 for the bundle. Any feedback would be welcome. Thank you all.

You could wait, but not sure when the DLC bundle would go down in price. So depends on how long you're willing to wait. The DLCs are short overall, but they do have a couple of the best/toughest boss fights in the game. 

And yeah, you won't be able to access either DLC until you're at the very last main mission of the game. So it'll be quite a while before you get to that point. 

Around the Network

Popped it back in to play the tides DLC. THE SKY IS BLUE! No purple nonsense.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Tides DLC is finished. I liked it until the final fight. Invisible timers to break a shield while the game throws a bunch of projectiles at you sucks and esp when it barely gives you any chance to succeed in preventing a 1 hit kill. A shame the other boss fights in the game are great. Not this one. I liked the area and Shula the DLC main character. The concept was neat. The giant ocean wave frozen in time is a great visual. Some good music. There was another boss fight I liked tho.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!