By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

How can you guys find those 10 years old threads? I thought the search engine here sucked

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Can we PLEASE get back to actually talking about the game instead of making drama? -_-

This. Some people still living like its the 2000s/2010s - nobody got time for that now.

KLXVER said:

So elephant Mario huh? Running out of animals there Nintendo? Just seems to me like they still have alot of...well.....cooler animals to choose from. I dont know. Could be fun.

Forget animal powers, bring back the Cape Feather/Cape mario! Its like the only power up that did not make a return.

BasilZero said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Can we PLEASE get back to actually talking about the game instead of making drama? -_-

This. Some people still living like its the 2000s/2010s - nobody got time for that now.

KLXVER said:

So elephant Mario huh? Running out of animals there Nintendo? Just seems to me like they still have alot of...well.....cooler animals to choose from. I dont know. Could be fun.

Forget animal powers, bring back the Cape Feather/Cape mario! Its like the only power up that did not make a return.

I feel like the Cape would need to be nerfed if it came back it kind of breaks SMW a bit with being able to fly over most of the levels.

With just this first trailer, (which with Nintendo usually shows the broad strokes while leaving the juicy stuff to be shown later) this already looks like the best 2D Mario since World in 1990. It's nice to see them finally applying the kind of effort expected of an EPD game to one of their keystone series.

The variety of ideas and the sense of charm in these 2 minutes exceeds every NSMB game put together.

KLXVER said:

Hey, elephants ARE cool.

Around the Network
IcaroRibeiro said:

How can you guys find those 10 years old threads? I thought the search engine here sucked

The search engine does suck, so there's no point in using it. What's worse is that the members search now does not allow to look up banned members anymore, so I had to use Google in hopes that it does turn up happydolphin on VGC, because it's mandatory to get to a profile to begin the manual search for a specific thread.

The key is that you need to know who made which thread at which time, because otherwise you have basically zero chance to retrieve what you are looking for. In this instance it was also a prerequisite to know that the guy who made the claim had posted under a different name at the time of the referenced events.

As for the cape in Super Mario World, it was broken. It was essentially a P-Wing from SMB3 in its functionality and could be stocked up with very little effort.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

Hey, elephants ARE cool.

I guess. It just feels like the giant mushroom from NSMB, only less powerful. Maybe it has some cool other features.

Kakadu18 said:

Idiot complained that Mario games weren't sold for $10 and everyone is getting robbed when buying Mario for $40-$60 because the 3h indie game Limbo is $10.

This is exactly the kind of argument that needs to be summarily dismissed. It's a bad argument and they should feel bad, so don't give them apparent credibility by repeating it, even if just to mock them. 

curl-6 said:

With just this first trailer, (which with Nintendo usually shows the broad strokes while leaving the juicy stuff to be shown later) this already looks like the best 2D Mario since World in 1990. It's nice to see them finally applying the kind of effort expected of an EPD game to one of their keystone series.

The variety of ideas and the sense of charm in these 2 minutes exceeds every NSMB game put together.

Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos who really loved NSMB U especially and even I think this looks leagues better. More creative. More original. BEtween this and Mario RPG this winter my Switch is gonna get SO much love. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

KLXVER said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Hey, elephants ARE cool.

I guess. It just feels like the giant mushroom from NSMB, only less powerful. Maybe it has some cool other features.

I very much doubt they'd include this as a new powerup, and especially draw attention to it as a "one last thing" at the end of the trailer, if it was just a reskinned giant mushroom. There will be more to it.

curl-6 said:
KLXVER said:

I very much doubt they'd include this as a new powerup, and especially draw attention to it as a "one last thing" at the end of the trailer, if it was just a reskinned giant mushroom. There will be more to it.

Like a stronger ground pound, or the ability to lift up things too heavy for regular Mario.