By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario Bros Wonder announced; all new 2D Mario (Update: Out now!)

padib said:

I was called stupid by Rol and others on here when I made a very clear exposé on why the NSMB style was getting old fast. This was over 10 years ago when NSMB2 was announced. This game is a step in the right direction, but with all the great work done on style in Odyssey and TotK, it's clear Nintendo can go farther. Well, I applaud it. It will lead to good sales and nice wind in the Switch's sales so, let's-a-go

I remember it more as you looking down on 2D games and saying they should never be the same price as 3D games. Which is still a position I don't agree with.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Think there are gonna be other new power ups we haven't seen yet?

I think we will, loads more. I have a feeling they're going to replace old familiar ones as well, such as the fire flower and star power. Replaced with animal powerups.

anonymunchy said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Think there are gonna be other new power ups we haven't seen yet?

I think we will, loads more. I have a feeling they're going to replace old familiar ones as well, such as the fire flower and star power. Replaced with animal powerups.

Even whatever lets Mario turn into a spiked ball in the trailer?

RolStoppable said:
padib said:

I was called stupid by Rol and others on here when I made a very clear exposé on why the NSMB style was getting old fast. This was over 10 years ago when NSMB2 was announced. This game is a step in the right direction, but with all the great work done on style in Odyssey and TotK, it's clear Nintendo can go farther. Well, I applaud it. It will lead to good sales and nice wind in the Switch's sales so, let's-a-go

You weren't called stupid, you were called a gaming snob because you didn't want to play anything that didn't have the highest production values. It was also the period where you kept whining about Nintendo in general on a level that made the entire Nintendo fanbase get tired of it, hence why you got piled on more and more as time went on.

You're lying. You called me an idiot and stupid because you weren't able to accept criticism because you couldn't understand it. Now Nintendo is making strides in the style department and it shows, and it's paying off. The problem with being smart is that you often feel alone.

You had the louder voice because you appropriated 2D Mario to yourself and you rally people with your female avatars and aggressive rhetoric. But you never fooled me. 😉

To top it off, time has proven me right about the styles and sales potentials of both 2D and 3D Marios, and so here we are. 😎

Last edited by padib - on 26 June 2023

CaptainExplosion said:
anonymunchy said:

I don't think everything is going to be an animal powerup, just think we'll see more of them. With the Reznor stampede, hippo balls, the squirrel thing and the balloon fish, I'm getting more Donkey Kong animal companion vibes.

The spike ball might be limited to drugmode.

Around the Network
anonymunchy said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I don't think everything is going to be an animal powerup, just think we'll see more of them. With the Reznor stampede, hippo balls, the squirrel thing and the balloon fish, I'm getting more Donkey Kong animal companion vibes.

I think those are just gimmicks of some stages, not powerups. The NSMB games didnt really have that many powerups either. 

padib said:

You're lying. You called me an idiot and stupid because you weren't able to accept criticism because you couldn't understand it. Now Nintendo is making strides in the style department and it shows, and it's paying off. The problem with being smart is that you often feel alone.

You had the louder voice because you appropriated 2D Mario to yourself and you rally people with your female avatars and aggressive rhetoric. But you never fooled me.

To top it off, time has proven me right about the styles and sales potentials of both 2D and 3D Marios, and so here we are.

Is this a serious post?

Seems like I've stepped in the trenches of an old war fought eons ago ...

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Kakadu18 said:
padib said:

You had the louder voice because you appropriated 2D Mario to yourself and you rally people with your female avatars and aggressive rhetoric. But you never fooled me.

To top it off, time has proven me right about the styles and sales potentials of both 2D and 3D Marios, and so here we are.

Is this a serious post?

I'm trying to figure that out, too. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

anonymunchy said:
CaptainExplosion said:

So Nintendo is rubbing in that they're still not making a new Donkey Kong game. -_-