By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario RPG Remake announced for Switch, launches November 17

OMG i cant believe it!!. And out of no where! Day 1!!.

Around the Network

YEEEEEEEEEES!!! One of my all time favorite games! I was wondering why it never came to NSO.

I'm pre-ordering the physical copy as soon as I can.

I confess I don't much appreciate it being a full 60 bucks (80 CAD), but I'mma buy it anyway. Physically AND Digitally if possible. IT's one of my all-time faves.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Apparently this is the box art:

the-pi-guy said:

Apparently this is the box art:

Oh......that's some mid box art lol. I wouldn't have minded them just copy/pasting the original box art the way they did with Advance Wars 1+2, but still getting myself a copy!

Around the Network

That is some ugly ass boxart. Nevertheless I will get this. I have never played the original or any of the Paper Mario games. I wonder if Square Enix is involved?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Signalstar said:

That is some ugly ass boxart. Nevertheless I will get this. I have never played the original or any of the Paper Mario games. I wonder if Square Enix is involved?

Super Mario RPG is a masterpiece! Absolutely I recommend you play it! It was a game I was looking forward to the most on NSO, but, now I know why it never made the jump.

For Paper Mario, I primarily recommend the original and The Thousand Year Door. Which, with how many GameCube ports are happening, I wouldn't be surprised if that port happens at some point.

Spoiler!

These two scenes aren't immediately coming to mind, so I'm not sure if they changed these entirely or if they just took some more liberties.  

great surprise! i like it!

Switch!!!

Wow. That's awesome. I won't get just cuz I don't feel the need to rebuy a full priced remake of this game. But awesome that a new generation of gamers are gonna get this classic as a remake. This gives me a glint of hope that maybe next gen we might actually see a sequel, assuming this sells decent.