By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Mario RPG Remake announced for Switch, launches November 17

BasilZero said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Not necessarily. I doubt this remake is using the original games source code and had to be built from scratch. Remasters are usually touch ups in resolution, framerate, and controls. Remakes overhaul everything, even if that remake is a 1:1 remake. 

Link's Awakening on Switch is for the most part a 1:1 remake except for the change for the dungeon creation. 

There does seem to be some differences, but nothing like FFVII Remake or Resident Evil 2&3 remakes. 

Final Fantasy VII Remake

Spoiler!
Isnt a remake but takes place in a alternate timeline so its kind of a sequel/reboot.

https://www.dualshockers.com/is-final-fantasy-7-remake-a-sequel/

Also Star Ocean Second Departure R, Secret of Mana/Trials of Mana, the SaGa remakes, etc were all like this.

Anyways, they dont mention it but I wonder if SE is still involved with this game.

SE's name was on the trademark end of trailer

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Dammit Nintendo! I'm already bleeding my wallet dry on new Xbox stuff.. Now they reel me back into Switch by remaking one of my all-time favorite games (this is the RPG that got me into the genre at least somewhat). Will be a great one to ring in the new OLED model, as I'm still using the og 2017 hardware. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Leynos said:

SE's name was on the trademark end of trailer

Oh okay, must have missed that! Guess SE still owns Geno and Mallow.

Very cool announcement! I only wish that it stuck to the art direction of the original or a new style just for the game. Using the current Mario style is not bad, but not unique.

Slownenberg said:

Is that a FF7 remake slight? haha

Of course, now all I'm wondering is why your acknowledgement of my jest has had more likes than my jest.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

I'm gonna have to be careful with my Yule list so that it's not too expensive, because this is definitely on the list. ^^

Japanese overview trailer

Really excited for this. 

Perfect remake.

Looks to be stunningly faithful in most ways with some significant gameplay improvements and quality of life improvements as well as vastly improved audio/visual fidelity.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

English version uploaded