By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Persona 3 Reload (Xbox Series/XBO/GP, PS4/PS5, PC) and Persona 5 Tactica (Xbox Series/XBO/GP, PS4/PS5, NS, PC)

gtotheunit91 said:

On a side note: Amongst all the back and forth discussions about moneyhats and exclusivity deals, Valve is just over here on PC being a monopoly not doing a damn thing other than just existing doesn't need any deals of any sort. Didn't even want MS's 10-year offer to bring CoD to Steam. Off-topic but just thought about that.

Valve are def in a nice position. Too ubiquitous now I suppose. Hopefully we see more HL from them T-T

Around the Network

I am glad it comes to switch , its a good game but looks like from ps2 era, switch portable mode makes it not look that bad in the small screen. If i get the game ita there for sure.

Mar1217 said:

I'm more interested to see what kind of remake this'll end up being.

I just hope it includes FES content.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I am glad it comes to switch , its a good game but looks like from ps2 era, switch portable mode makes it not look that bad in the small screen. If i get the game ita there for sure.

I mean...it was a PS2 game afterall - and Persona 5's visuals werent that groundbreaking to begin with.

I just hope the Tartarus exploration isnt as repetitive/boring as it was when I played P3P years ago. I enjoyed doing the social links and interacting with the characters more than the actual RPG exploring and battling in P3.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 10 June 2023

BasilZero said:
Mar1217 said:

I'm more interested to see what kind of remake this'll end up being.

I just hope it includes FES content.

ClassicGamingWizzz said:

I mean...it was a PS2 game afterall - and Persona 5's visuals werent that groundbreaking to begin with.

I just hope the Tartarus exploration isnt as repetitive/boring as it was when I played P3P years ago. I enjoyed doing the social links and interacting with the characters more than the actual RPG exploring and battling in P3.

Persona is such a repetitive and boring game, i always buy them but drop them half way 

Ryuu96 said:
Blood_Tears said:

Also why some Japanese games are skipping the Xbox platform as they are waiting for the Gamepass bag of money. That's a problem MS has created with these deals.

Their fans whine about it online with certain games so MS moves down the line to give money to this dev and that dev trying to put out fires at every turn. Meanwhile there is always Japanese publishers knowing this and that's why they are holding out on certain games waiting to be paid and there's no shortage of whining online for MS to take their cues from. 

Atlus knows this and knows where the majority of the fan base for Persona is as they will get proper sales from those platforms as well as they get MS money for PR and marketing for those fans to buy the game on other platforms and serves the minority fan base on Xbox in the same breath.

You mean Square Enix?

Xbox has had an issue with Japanese support for years now, it predates Game Pass, it was not a problem that Game Pass has created, if anything Game Pass has improved the situation a lot. Think about it for a second, if Japanese developers are skipping Xbox because they're waiting for an Xbox cheque to cover the costs then without Game Pass why would they port to Xbox at all?

Xbox wasn't/isn't paying for every single Japanese developer to simply port to the Xbox, Lol.

Now Game Pass adds something mutually beneficial to both parties, Xbox receiving more content for Game Pass (and varied content, which is important for a subscription service) and developers having financial incentives to port to Xbox because the Game Pass cheque (not a moneyhat) essentially covers the costs of porting.

Here is the last time some of these Japanese series released on Xbox before they launched into Game Pass.

• Yakuza = Never.
  • Ni No Kuni = Never.
  • Zero Escape = Never.
  • Danganronpa = Never.
  • Persona = 11 Years for Spinoff, Never for Mainline.
  • Guilty Gear = 16 Years for Main Series, 10 Years for "Updated Versions", 19 Years for Spinoffs.
  • BlazBlue = 13 Years for Main Series, 8 Years for "Updated Versions", Never for Spinoffs.

Now lets take Yakuza as an example, it launched on Xbox via Game Pass but all follow-up sequels have been direct purchase only because Sega presumably used Game Pass to not only cover the costs of porting but also build a fanbase up and that fanbase will buy the releases going forward, if they don't, shove it onto Game Pass later down the line.

Sega's relationship with Xbox is very strong lately, which I why I think Persona is here to stay unless Sony has moneyhatted it.

It didn't launch into Game Pass but Sword Art Online is another series which made its debut on Xbox recently, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure returned after 11 years without Game Pass at launch, Soul Hackers made its debut on Xbox platform without Game Pass at launch. Fuga released on Xbox without Game Pass at launch.

Xbox is making progress in multiple areas, with more work to be done, that is obvious. Square Enix really amplifies the issue more than it actually is, Imo, but it isn't like we can get FF16/FF7R is it...Not when Sony keeps paying to keep them away from Xbox...Which is w/e but hardly a fault of Game Pass. That's a moneyhat, something which has existed since the start of console gaming.

Btw, Yakuza is an awesome series, I'm very glad that Sega brought it to Xbox via Game Pass

Oh and it stayed! Looking forward to Yakuza 8.

If the fanbase is created they should now buy Sega, to bring the games to more people within the Microsoft ecosystem.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

Persona is such a repetitive and boring game, i always buy them but drop them half way 

It wasnt always like that though.

Persona 1 and 2 had better dungeon designs to travel through because P1 and P2 were more SMT than modern Persona.

Modern Persona focused more on Social links and outside of dungeon aspects (which imo I really enjoyed and always didnt enjoy as much on P3 or P4 - even though P4's dungeons were better).

Everything that happened outside of the dungeons made up for it though lol.

But after playing SMTIV, SMTIV Apocalypse, SMT Soul Hackers, SMT Strange Journey and SMT Devil Survivor 1 and 2 - I'm starting to look forward to at SMT games more than Persona games.

Speaking of which , I still need to play SMTV on Switch and Persona 5 on my PS5 lol.

I love both SMT and Persona. Tho I liked Tokyo Mirage Sessions more than Persona 5. I like Persona 5 a lot. Enough to finish it 3 times on 2 platforms. Just I liked TMS more. I have finished SMT III Nocturne twice in one year last year.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Does P3R look worse than P5 for someone else too? I dunno if I'm remembering wrong but P5 back on PS4 looked better than that in my mind.

Blood_Tears said:

Not surprised this is coming to all platforms. Atlus knows where the majority of its fanbase is. Persona 5 Royal didn't even crack the top 10 on Game pass most played games when it launched and that's with no big 1st party releases in 2022 on there, plus P3 and P4 fizzled out like a bottle rocket there. There's not a huge Persona following on that platform. Atlus is getting a good deal out of this which is most likely going to funding for Persona 6 that is rumored to be PS5 exclusive.

My goodness, this post comes off salty af. 

Qwark said:

If the fanbase is created they should now buy Sega, to bring the games to more people within the Microsoft ecosystem.

Not if the CMA has anything to say about it lol.