By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 23, 2023 (May 29 - Jun 04)

Oooh boy, the Zelda gift just keeps on giving !

Despite now being lower than 100K, the console sells above that peculiar software so I wonder if there are other factors in play 🤔

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Qwark said:

Switch might have a shot at breaking 4.5 million this year if Pikmin 4 launches this winter and they remaster a classic for the holidays. PS5 just had to equal last year sales to break 2 million this year. With final fantasy 16 launching in a few weeks that's seems possible.

Pikmin 4 launches in July, I'm pretty sure. They haven't announced their second half of the year. 

Switch has a chance to be number 2 best selling console in Japan by the end of the year. That's pretty crazy

Switch coming for 160 million i fear

Switch 2 coming in Spring 2025 me thinks

PS4 is too strong for Xbox Series !

Around the Network

Insanely strong Switch sales considering its age and that Zelda was weeks ago now. Darn thing rules Japan with an iron fist.
PS5 seems to have settled now that the post-shortage rush has died down.

Street Fighter 6 falls somewhat flat; there's almost no market left for physical PS games at this point.

The sales in the past few weeks highlights the impact of TOTK considering the total sales Switch has. 

I wonder how long this TOTK boost can last.

Switch 2023 sales are currently 290k ahead of Switch 2019 sales. That is kind of mind blowing. Switch 2019 had a strong second half and ended around 4.5m. If Switch 2023 can end up around 4.5m that would be a really incredible 7th year. Hell if they do anything above 4m, then it's still an incredible 7th year.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 11 June 2023

A little weird that TOTK is providing such a big boost. You'd think most people would have already had gotten a Switch for the first one. Maybe they're like me, had a beat up older Switch, and thought this was a good time to upgrade.