By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Cool physics in games

Shikamo said:

Boobs physics from Senran Kagura

I knew I forgot to mention those physics.

Despite being a moba, Heroes of the Storm itself supports boob physics too.

Any time you make certain femme characters dance in the game, you'll definitely notice the physics (especially on Alex)

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

You have to commend the different physic systems inhabiting the world of BOTW and how it wake up the industry to actually upped their games on these physics play as well.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I don't think I've encountered all that many cool physics in games, but two come to mind. First is Half-Life 2, for obvious reasons (the obvious reason being the gravity gun). It's ancient at this point, so enough of that. The other is Cities: Skylines with its water physics. Fluid simulation can be quite intensive computationally, and Cities: Skylines doesn't handle it too well either, but it works well for the game anyway. Build a dam? You're going to end up with an artificial lake, causing the river downstream to dry up a bit in the process. The same goes for everything: terraforming affects water too, water pumps suck up the water, and there can be flooding (there's flood walls for dealing with that).

The cloth physics I ever saw in a game was DOA2 on Dreamcast. BLEW MY MIND!
18 Wheeler in Arcades and Dreamcast. A magazine and glasses on the dashboard sliding back and forth was an insane detail back then.
Shenmue turned on a light and the pull string would swing back and forth and eventually stop.
Luigis Mansion sucking up cloth in the vacuum.
Jiggle Physics DOA2 and Soul Calibur 6th generation.
Everything in Red Faction Guerilla.
BOTW everything.
Last few Yakuza entries running through street bikes and cones and such. It's funny.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The destruction physics in Luigi's Mansion 3. You can destroy every piece of furniture and it works so well with all the little pieces lying around.

Around the Network

The weight and momentum based combat in "Exanima" is something to behold. It creates a realistic sense of difficulty and danger, and works very well with the isometric view so you can maneuver and get the timing right. Difficult but satisfying when you succeed, and every fight seems fair based on what gear you're wearing and using in relation to your enemies.

Mummelmann said:

The weight and momentum based combat in "Exanima" is something to behold. It creates a realistic sense of difficulty and danger, and works very well with the isometric view so you can maneuver and get the timing right. Difficult but satisfying when you succeed, and every fight seems fair based on what gear you're wearing and using in relation to your enemies.

I keep coming back to Exanima through all the years it's been in (probably permanent) Early Access - it has a steep learning curve if one really wants to master it, but it is so fun to play around with physics based combat - that one accidental hit in the head that brings you or your opponent to the ground never stops to surprise and entertain me.

Resistance 2 water physics stick out. How great it was at the time, not sure how it holds today. But I remember after playing it, few weeks later I went to game conference in sydney, where ted price was guest , and he was praising the physics aswel.

Also the physcis in death stranding is great.

Mario Side Somersault jump (any 3D Mario game)

- Half Life 2. - Zero Point Energy Field Manipulator.
- Portal 2.
- Crysis 1/3.
- Breath of the Wild.

I have to say I enjoyed Bad Company's physics and destruction back in the day.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--