By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which should I buy first (Read OP for details)? The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom or Final Fantasy XVI

Tagged games:

I have $35 worth of Gift Certs for Best Buy thanks to my PS5 purchase, which game should I get?

Final Fantasy XVI (PS5) 9 24.32%

The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (NS) 28 75.68%

Total:37

Hello ERA VGChartz,

I got $35 worth of gift certificates from Best Buy after buying a PS5 few weeks ago - the certs will expire in June and I want to know what game ERA VGChartz thinks I should buy between two of my most hyped games for this year from two of my most favorite game franchises.

Final Fantasy XVI (PS5) or The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom (NS).

Now to give more information/background....

1. I typically do not buy games at day 1 or at full price however this is an exception because I have $35 certs and they will be expiring in June. Both games are at $70 so this will literally be like a 50% off deal for me.
2. I have a Nintendo Switch and a PS5 already.
3. I plan to play FFXVI immediately once I get it but if I get Zelda ToTK - it will be played once I finish playing my 2nd playthrough of BotW which I will start soon.
4. I dont plan to buy anything else gaming wise that is coming out this year - these are the only two games , 99% of my purchases each year are always previous year releases cause I wait for sales and discounts
5. I've been playing FF series since 1995 (but bought my first game back in 2003 - FFIX and FFX on PS1/PS2) and have played all of the mainline games except for XI and XIV - along with that played majority of the spinoffs.
6. I've been playing the Zelda series since 1994 (but bought my first game back in 2007 - Zelda TP on GCN) - I've beaten OoT 3D, MM3D, TP GCN, SS Wii, LttP SNES and GBA, Link's Awakening on GBC, Link between worlds on 3DS and BotW on WiiU - about to be done with the original NES Zelda (playing that right now)

Details on Best Buy's specific purchases

Final Fantasy XVI purchase will include a steel book case ( https://www.bestbuy.com/site/scanavo-final-fantasy-xvi-steelbook-multi/6528824.p?skuId=6528824) and pre-order digital items

The Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom includes a "Free art print"

So what say you ERA VGChartz? I also put a poll in place as well.

Last edited by BasilZero - on 12 April 2023

Around the Network

"Hello ERA"

Excuse me?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

"Hello ERA"

Excuse me?

LOL

I knew I was forgetting something, I copied and pasted my thread from that site here lol.

I edited my post and admit my mistake (lol).

Tears of The Kingdom.

buy both at the same time, problem solved, LOL.

i think you should get FF16 first since you have Chocobo in your profile pic

still both are going to be great so you can start with any of them it doesn't matter.

Around the Network

Zelda. Mainly because that’s the first one that comes out.

Edit: annnnnnd after that trailer definitely Zelda 

Last edited by Paatar - on 14 April 2023

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Final Fantasy will be in the reduced bin in a few months. ToTK never

我是广州人

I am in Zeldas camp. While FFXVI looks interesting, SE's track record has always been iffy. ToTK on the other hand looks hype af.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Getting both day 1 but if I only have to pick 1 it's FF16. Putting Yoshi p in charge of FF16 was the best move square could've made

I was going to say Zelda because it will never go on sale

But seems like you really want to play FF as soon as it get released, so gor for it