By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 14, 2023 (Mar 27 - Apr 02)

So it is good now Ps5 selling 30k but Nintendo was over few weeks ago when it was selling 60k

Around the Network
znake said:

So it is good now Ps5 selling 30k but Nintendo was over few weeks ago when it was selling 60k

Good for a PlayStation and Good for the Switch are not the same thing. There's nothing hypocritical about that at all. 30k would be a very good baseline for the PS5 and a disastrous one for the Switch.

But I don't rember anyone saying switch was over on a week it sold 60k.

A 30k baseline is very good for PS5. I still expect it to keep dropping, but this is definitely a good year for PS5 in Japan.

Both Switch and PS5 are doing well, relative to their circumstances.
Switch certainly isn't over, it probably has years of meaningful sales ahead of it.

CosmicSex said:

PS5 up YoY sales back down ro earth
Switch down YoY showing recent gains
Xbox is down YoY sales indistinguishable from rounding errors

US Senators has no case in Japan. You can't make people buy something. You can't make Japanese devs waste money developing for something no one in Japan wants to buy.

Sorry for the rant but it really passed me off to see Redmond demanding a segment of the Japanese market. You have to earn it. Tough shit...

What are you talking about?

Around the Network

Switch baseline could surprisingly average better than in 2017/18/19 if it keeps up like this. Like sure, it's highs aren't as highs as they were once but it keeps being more so consistent than people would expect it too.

Also, Kirby taking it's crown back rightfully 😎

People didn't expect this remake/remaster/ rebuild to be the big seller for this quarter 

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

deerox said:
CosmicSex said:

PS5 up YoY sales back down ro earth
Switch down YoY showing recent gains
Xbox is down YoY sales indistinguishable from rounding errors

US Senators has no case in Japan. You can't make people buy something. You can't make Japanese devs waste money developing for something no one in Japan wants to buy.

Sorry for the rant but it really passed me off to see Redmond demanding a segment of the Japanese market. You have to earn it. Tough shit...

What are you talking about?

There was an article a few weeks back from law makers in Washington state that were complaining to Japan's FTC that the PS5 had 98% of the market while Xbox had 2%.  And that this needed to be investigated.   It was insinuated that Sonys disproportionate market lead in Japan was the result of nefarious activity by Sony.  

There was never an effort to place any of the responsibility on trillion dollar behemoth that is Microsoft.   Rejected by Nintendo on a buyout offer, it seems that Microsoft never actually made an effort to organically grow a developer presence in the Japanese market.  They expected it to just come to them.  For 25 years. 

When I look at their low weekly sales numbers in Japan and by extension lower software support I'm frustrated by the  excuse that they simply can't compete because of Sony.  No it's because of Microsoft.   They are totally disinterested in trying.