By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 14, 2023 (Mar 27 - Apr 02)

PlayStation still doing rather well with 34.7k, especially since the baseline last year was around 11k. Next month will be slow though considering nothing of interest really releases.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:

PlayStation still doing rather well with 34.7k, especially since the baseline last year was around 11k. Next month will be slow though considering nothing of interest really releases.

35k is a long way from 11k.  We should expect PS5 weekly sales to keep steadily dropping for a while.  We'll probably have to get several weeks past the release of FF16, before we see the actual baseline sales for PS5 in Japan.

PS5 up YoY sales back down ro earth
Switch down YoY showing recent gains
Xbox is down YoY sales indistinguishable from rounding errors

US Senators has no case in Japan. You can't make people buy something. You can't make Japanese devs waste money developing for something no one in Japan wants to buy.

Sorry for the rant but it really passed me off to see Redmond demanding a segment of the Japanese market. You have to earn it. Tough shit...

By curiosity I checked on Amazon.jp and there is no PS5 in stock right now. They keep the majority for the rest of the World ?

CloudxTifa said:

By curiosity I checked on Amazon.jp and there is no PS5 in stock right now. They keep the majority for the rest of the World ?

That why we can't make any statements about the PS5 baseline yet.  We need to see consistent stock.  All that gonna happen is a Yoyo of sales data.  I predicted by May but we probably have to wait till around August. 

Around the Network

Switch holding well.
It's YOY decline is less now; YTD it's around 30% but this week less than 20%.

CloudxTifa said:

Bic And Yodobashi Camera have PS5 stock.

kazuyamishima said:
CloudxTifa said:

Bic And Yodobashi Camera have PS5 stock.

Nice ! I didn't know.

Switch seems to hold steady over a 50k baseline

Minecraft must surely be at like 5m total in the region for Switch.