By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Gameplay Presentation 3/28 7am PT

Tagged games:

tsogud said:
CaptainExplosion said:

You want the game delayed further?

The fact that it's been delayed and still looks this lazy is baffling. Ability looked very unpolished.

Yeah the mushroom shield looked pretty bad. Didnt look like it was even attached to the shield, just floating in front of it. lol

Around the Network
jonathanalis said:
tsogud said:

Fuse ability just sticks two models together and doesn't even bother to change it's aesthetic. Looks lazy tbh, a mushroom glued onto a shield... Couldn't have just made the shield mushroom-like or made of fungi?

I think this way it communicate better to the player which items are fused. Imagine to remember thousand of variations a shield have to just know which one has the effect of which item. 

^This. *boots tsogud out the door*

tsogud said:
Vodacixi said:

It's a bit sad that after showing a mechanic with unlimited gameplay potential your mind can only go as far as "the fused objects don't have unique models". 

Very rude. Who said my mind only went to that? I thought it was cool when I first saw it and I'll def have fun with it, doesn't change the fact that it looks unpolished. Crazy how people can look at a product objectively and criticize an element of it they feel is subpar.

Not rude at all. It's just what your comment made me feel. 

If you really thought what you say, then it's even sadder. Because you saw something you really liked and instead of sharing your excitement and happiness you decided to ignore that positive feeling and only share with us your negative criticism. 

And no, it's not crazy to be critic with the things you like. But one thing is to be critic and another to just point out the bad stuff. 

Vodacixi said:
tsogud said:

Very rude. Who said my mind only went to that? I thought it was cool when I first saw it and I'll def have fun with it, doesn't change the fact that it looks unpolished. Crazy how people can look at a product objectively and criticize an element of it they feel is subpar.

If you really thought what you say, then it's even sadder. Because you saw something you really liked and instead of sharing your excitement and happiness you decided to ignore that positive feeling and only share with us your negative criticism. 

And no, it's not crazy to be critic with the things you like. But one thing is to be critic and another to just point out the bad stuff. 

So don't be Jim Sterling.

CaptainExplosion said:
Vodacixi said:

So don't be Jim Sterling.

Yeah xD

Around the Network

Will be fun to play around with Fuse, combat will be more dynamic and loot will feel even more useful. This ability also addresses a little bit the complaints about weapon durability (which I never had but a lot of people did). Ultrahand seems more for the creative types which I'm not, I wonder if there'll be side quests where you have to rebuild things using this ability, that'd be cool. Ascend is definitely game-changing for exploration. Honestly I feel that it'll be hard to go back to BoTW after playing this.

Last edited by Link_Nines.XBC - on 29 March 2023

Had to share this fanart because of the recent presentation. XD

CaptainExplosion said:

Ah yes, Dave the Barbarian is one of the most underappreciated Disney shows.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

RolStoppable said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Ah yes, Dave the Barbarian is one of the most underappreciated Disney shows.

Ok, but this makes me wanna see if you CAN make a squirrel based tool or weapon in Tears of The Kingdom. XD

It's a small touch but I love how, at the end when Link skydives into the river and lands with a big splash, the drops thrown up shower back down into the water.
This kind of attention to detail just tickles my brain.