By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Gameplay Presentation 3/28 7am PT

Tagged games:

Fuse ability just sticks two models together and doesn't even bother to change it's aesthetic. Looks lazy tbh, a mushroom glued onto a shield... Couldn't have just made the shield mushroom-like or made of fungi?

Last edited by tsogud - on 28 March 2023

Around the Network
tsogud said:

Fuse ability just sticks two models together and doesn't even bother to change it's aesthetic. Looks lazy tbh, a boulder glued onto a shield... Couldn't have just made the shield rock-like or made of rocks?

You want the game delayed further?

CaptainExplosion said:
tsogud said:

Fuse ability just sticks two models together and doesn't even bother to change it's aesthetic. Looks lazy tbh, a boulder glued onto a shield... Couldn't have just made the shield rock-like or made of rocks?

You want the game delayed further?

The fact that it's been delayed and still looks this lazy is baffling. Ability looked very unpolished.

I love the new gameplay mechanics, but man... the graphics really look dated, combined with 30fps or less. I mean, BOTW doesn't look better, but it was released in 2017. Back then it was somehow OK. But in the meantime we got Immortals Fenyx Rising on Switch or Genshin Impact on mobile and both games have better graphics. There's something wrong if the "original" looks worse than the "copies".

Usually I'm not that guy how cares about graphics too much, but if you have played both mentioned games before, you can't be pleased with the look of Tears of the Kingdom. In the past, games became better and better at the end of a console's life. I don't have the impression that this is the case on Switch.

Last edited by siebensus4 - on 28 March 2023

siebensus4 said:

I love the new gameplay mechanics, but man... the graphics really look dated, combined with 30fps or less. I mean, BOTW doesn't look better, but it was released 2017. Back then it was somehow OK. But in the meantime we got Immortals Fenyx Rising on Switch or Genshin Impact on mobile and both games have better graphics. There's something wrong if the "original" looks worse than the "copies".

Immortals Fenyx Rising on Switch absolutely doesn't have better graphics than BOTW, it's lower resolution, framerate drops harder, pop-in and textures are worse, and it's missing more advanced effects like volumetric lighting, physics-driven particles, etc.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 29 March 2023

Around the Network
tsogud said:

Fuse ability just sticks two models together and doesn't even bother to change it's aesthetic. Looks lazy tbh, a mushroom glued onto a shield... Couldn't have just made the shield mushroom-like or made of fungi?

You don't know what lazy means.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The Legend of Zelda: Nuts and Bolts

tsogud said:

You are vastly vastly underestimating the amount of work that would take. The only way that would be remotely feasible is if they greatly restricted which items can fuse. 

tsogud said:

It's a bit sad that after showing a mechanic with unlimited gameplay potential your mind can only go as far as "the fused objects don't have unique models". 

I wasn't too excited about TotK before this gameplay. I mean... I knew it would be more BotW, so I was interested in the game. But the trailers didn't show anything to hype me up and the lack of information from Nintendo really put my excitement to sleep. I didn't even had the need to preorder it.

... Until now. The fuse mechanic is nuts (and bolts, lol). You can literally mix any objects and get a new weapon with surprising new effects or a new tool that can help you traverse obstacles. That along the BotW abilities and the "ascend" and "recall" abilities will allow us to traverse and interact with the world in a journey of constant surprises and discoveries.

If BotW took a very long while to get old for me... TotK may very well be a game that I could play for years. And this thought is just from 12 minutes of gameplay. Ridiculous xD

tsogud said:

I think this way it communicate better to the player which items are fused. Imagine to remember thousand of variations a shield have to just know which one has the effect of which item.