By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Gameplay Presentation 3/28 7am PT

Tagged games:

that fuse ability has me hyped

Around the Network

So I broke down and watched the trailer. Thankfully, it didn't spoil too much. There's just no way that I'd be able to avoid hearing words like "fuse" going forward and not be spoiled anyway.

I am so hyped. This mechanic brings a whole new level to the sandbox nature of this game. I wasn't one of the ones who was needing a new element not already announced to get me psyched for this game, but this is beyond what I expected. Now all its done is make time go slower for me, though. May 12th can't come soon enough.

They’re definitely leaning more into the sandbox elements. I can only imagine the sorts of things people will come up with. In earlier trailers, I didn’t like the looks or idea of all these separate and desolate looking sky islands that shopped up the world. But, this new video makes the experience look a lot more inviting.
Also, that 10 minutes flew by.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I wonder if Octorok Balloons can be used for Fusion weapons.

Fuse is super cool and has immense potential, and for me finally makes the game feel like more than just "more BOTW".

I like that they chose to lean into the emergent qualities that made the last game so awesome. Given the stuff people were able to pull off using BOTW's systems, it's going to be a real treat to see what can be accomplished with TOTK's! 

I can see myself having fun for hours just experimenting with different fusion combinations.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

Fuse is super cool and has immense potential, and for me finally makes the game feel like more than just "more BOTW".

I like that they chose to lean into the emergent qualities that made the last game so awesome. Given the stuff people were able to pull off using BOTW's systems, it's going to be a real treat to see what can be accomplished with TOTK's! 

I can see myself having fun for hours just experimenting with different fusion combinations.

Fire the homing arrows!! ^^

I didn't think it would be possible but I am actually even more excited for this game.

The most enjoyable thing about BotW is the ability to tackle "obstacles" however you wanted. Now we have even more ways to do this, it is going to be insane.

Nintendo with the Switch:

scottslater said:

I didn't think it would be possible but I am actually even more excited for this game.

The most enjoyable thing about BotW is the ability to tackle "obstacles" however you wanted. Now we have even more ways to do this, it is going to be insane.

And you can now use monster parts to upgrade your weapons!! ^^ Hopefully we still get the runes from Breath of The Wild though.

CaptainExplosion said:
scottslater said:

And you can now use monster parts to upgrade your weapons!! ^^ Hopefully we still get the runes from Breath of The Wild though.

I was thinking the same thing until I saw the gameplay today.

Now I'm hoping they aren't so that I don't neglect the new abilities as I know I would rely on runes a lot more since I am already familiar with them.

Nintendo with the Switch:

scottslater said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I was thinking the same thing until I saw the gameplay today.

Now I'm hoping they aren't so that I don't neglect the new abilities as I know I would rely on runes a lot more since I am already familiar with them.

But I wanna still have unlimited bombs. :(