By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation Nation |OT| Swinging to Spider-Man 2

Like some of you I have also completed Ghost of Tsushima (base game, Iki Island, Legends MP), except for the new game + mode.

Honestly, this is one of my fav SIE games. Just a wonderful experience from beginning to end. It's not perfect, though. Textures could really use some work (though art style really makes up for it - a really gorgeous game to look at), the story is serviceable (though it has some incredible highs, like the final story mission), and there are limited enemies/ activities in the base game (remedied by Iki island expansion).

Iki Island does improve upon a few things from the main game: namely more enemy types (3 I believe), more wild animals (mainly the addition of monkeys), and new activities (animal sanctuaries, archery challenges). Iki Island also introduces hidden missions (i think there's 5) - they're usually quite small in nature, but they're different from the rumours you get in the base game. In the base game there are ppl you can talk to and they'll tell you about an incident, and this appears on the map. In Iki, you either need to randomly come across this mission when traversing, or you can listen in on conversations from NPCs to figure out their location.

But Iki is also glitchy. Nothing that braeks the game but random stuff like birds getting stuck mid flight, enemies disappearing upon death, their weapons randomly spinning in cutscenes. I think I encounterd 6 instances of this and they were more funny than anything else.

legends mode is a fantastic piece of MP. It also has it's own story divided into 2 parts: the story missions (which can be done with 1 other person) and the 3 raids (which require you to have a group of 4 and everyone to be max level). The raids are quite long but thankfully I matfched with 3 others who knew how to do the 2nd raid and finished it in 40 mins (though I had to read up what to do before hand because this raid takes ppl up to 4 hours apparently).

The MP is very meaty and a lot of fun.

Anyhows, GoT2 is probably my most anticipated SIE game now, alongside TloU3. I have thoughts on what I want to see but will wait for the reveal first.

Around the Network

Picked up Viewfinder in the sale. Pretty unique puzzle game, enjoying it so far.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

VersusEvil said:

Picked up Viewfinder in the sale. Pretty unique puzzle game, enjoying it so far.

Curious to see how you rank it after Botany Manor.

Almost done with all the hoards now in Days Gone. I didn't find out until halfway through the hoards that you could buy guns from the camps. I thought it was just scavenging. I was finding the hoards a bit difficult and it was a bit of a pain considering I was relying more on molotovs and explosives. Then I was finally able to mow down a ton of freakers at a time with some much better weaponry, which was way more fun.
I kinda wish I hadn't finished the full story now. The true ending after the credits that you eventually get to, I did not see coming. The true finale and how it played out. It's peaked my interest ten fold as to what Bend had planned for a sequel. I really hope they eventually make Days Gone 2, or at least continue the story with the TV show or movie(s) they make of it. This doesn't seem to be your typical generic viral outbreak or zombie story. It looks to be much deeper and more sinister.

Oh yeah, a PS launcher is coming!

Around the Network

Wow Trophies coming to PC I never thought this day would ever come!!

BiON!@ 

I'll be floored if MediEvil 2 is announced and suddenly released after the PlayStation Showcase. Having never played it, this would be a Day One buy for me, because of how much I loved the original.

I just hope Other Ocean puts more effort into modernizing all the jank that the cult classic had. It seems like the camera angles are still an issue in MediEvil 2 based on old reviews that I came across.

G2ThaUNiT said:

Oh yeah, a PS launcher is coming!

Hopefully the trophy list is separate kinda like how the PC and Xbox versions of the Xbox first party titles are different.

BasilZero said:

Hopefully the trophy list is separate kinda like how the PC and Xbox versions of the Xbox first party titles are different.

From the article, it sounds like it is shared with the PS5 version. 

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They could split it, it might convince trophy hunters into buying more versions of the game intentionally.  

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 18 April 2024

the-pi-guy said:
BasilZero said:

From the article, it sounds like it is shared with the PS5 version. 

Which doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They could split it, it might trophy hunters into buying more versions of the game intentionally.  

Lol yeah, since I recently got Platinum for Tsushima, I have less overall incentive to double dip. Steam achievements really don't mean much compared to Trophies or even Gamerscore.