By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft discloses monthly store users in European Union

gtotheunit91 said:

This isn't monthly active users my guy. This is just those who visited each unique digital store/website lol

I may go months without visiting the PC store lol

Can you link a source for bolded? I tried to find it but no luck.

The only thing the link says is "average monthly active recipients of service" this seems a lot broader than just those who visit the site?

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
Shinobi-san said:
gtotheunit91 said:

This isn't monthly active users my guy. This is just those who visited each unique digital store/website lol

I may go months without visiting the PC store lol

Can you link a source for bolded? I tried to find it but no luck.

The only thing the link says is "average monthly active recipients of service" this seems a lot broader than just those who visit the site?

It's on the first post of this thread. The number is tied to each individual store that's under the Xbox banner. 

gtotheunit91 said

Yes, you do need to go to the store to download Game Pass games. So we definitely have somewhat of an idea of how many in the EU that may be subscribed to Game Pass. 

You'd need an actual ratio of people subscribed to GP who visits the store against those who are not subscribed, yet goes on it nonetheless (for window shopping, buying games or whatever) to know how many are actually subscribed.

Still, this is some of the most useful information we got from Microsoft as to understand the potential userbase numbers in EU.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Title should say EU since the data is for EU.

So UK is missing from the data...Unfortunately.

Ryuu96 said:

Title should say EU since the data is for EU.

So UK is missing from the data...Unfortunately.

Updated

At some point I'll put "Microsoft says stuff about Xbox somewhere between Atlantic ocean and and Russia

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
gtotheunit91 said:

So unless you're a player that's constantly buying games or downloading apps, you're not going into the store. So the number of MAU's would definitely be higher. Especially for more casual players. 

Do you really think not visiting the store once in a month to see new stuff, sales or demos, is that common ? Especially on Xbox where digital sales are very high

As for digital sales, there are plenty of sites that do a weekly compilation for you so you don't have to visit the store to check them out.

TrueAchievements alone has one million registered users (over 100k in Europe) and offers that service as well. No reason to check the store when you see all games on sale, all prices and you're not interested in any of the games that are on sale or you're using the TA wishlist feature and you don't get a notification that the game you want is on sale in which case you won't even have to look at the sales article.

On top of that you severely underestimate the people that only play a round of CoD or FIFA or Fortnite once or twice a week and aren't interested in many other games. Those won't open the store for months.

Barozi said:

On top of that you severely underestimate the people that only play a round of CoD or FIFA or Fortnite once or twice a week and aren't interested in many other games. Those won't open the store for months.

Those aren't really on Xbox when it comes to Europe tho

gtotheunit91 said:
SKMBlake said:

I can imagine that being difficult on Series S.

And don't you need to go on the store to download Game Pass games ? (That was how it worked for PS Now for eg)

I didn't say most were buying physical games lol. Those gamers have a Series X or going from an XOne to a Series X eventually. But that overall number will continue to shrink. Hell, PlayStation and Nintendo have passed more than 50% of overall game sales being digital only. 

Yes, you do need to go to the store to download Game Pass games. So we definitely have somewhat of an idea of how many in the EU that may be subscribed to Game Pass. 

No you don't, you can go to your games & apps where you see games available to download, both your owned games and GP library.

And on dashboard Game Pass is a different tab than Store. Idk if it counts as browsing store.. why would it?

KiigelHeart said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I didn't say most were buying physical games lol. Those gamers have a Series X or going from an XOne to a Series X eventually. But that overall number will continue to shrink. Hell, PlayStation and Nintendo have passed more than 50% of overall game sales being digital only. 

No you don't, you can go to your games & apps where you see games available to download, both your owned games and GP library.

And on dashboard Game Pass is a different tab than Store. Idk if it counts as browsing store.. why would it?

I need to get back into console gaming

KiigelHeart said:

Idk if it counts as browsing store.. why would it?

To make the numbers bigger