By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft discloses monthly store users in European Union

Ryuu96 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Any source that states monthly store users? Your link doesnt really line up with the title..

It's in the source...It's the table.

Service

Average Monthly RoS
(previous 6 months ended 31 Jan., 2023)

Apps.Microsoft.Com Website Store

Approximately 4 million

Xbox.com Website Store

Approximately 6 million

PC App Store

Approximately 33 million

PC Games Store

Approximately 3 million

Console Store

Approximately 4 million

I would say monthly store user is not the same as a recipient of service. 

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network

So about 4 million (maybe abit under) use their xbox consoles to view/buy a game on the store each month? in the EU.
(I'm guessing this counts both xbox series s/x + series One + 360 (if anyone is still useing those) ect).

Shinobi-san said:
Ryuu96 said:

Service

Average Monthly RoS

Approximately 4 million

Xbox.com Website Store

Approximately 6 million

PC App Store

Approximately 33 million

PC Games Store

Approximately 3 million

Console Store

Approximately 4 million

Table 1 is the Services, all of the Services listed are Stores. Table 2 is RoS = Recipient of Service.

It simply means that whoever accesses said service (in this case, the service provided is a store) they are a recipient of it.

E.g. There are 4m Average Monthly Recipients (users) of the Console Store Service.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 February 2023

Those low user counts should bode well for their Activision purchase... But it is only for the EU, doesn't include the UK.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Shinobi-san said:
Ryuu96 said:

Service

Average Monthly RoS

Approximately 4 million

Xbox.com Website Store

Approximately 6 million

PC App Store

Approximately 33 million

PC Games Store

Approximately 3 million

Console Store

Approximately 4 million

What difference makes you between "user" and "recipient of service" ?

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Table 1 is the Services, all of the Services listed are Stores. Table 2 is RoS = Recipient of Service.

It simply means that whoever accesses said service (in this case, the service provided is a store) they are a recipient of it.

E.g. There are 4m Average Monthly Recipients (users) of the Console Store Service.

I am aware of the table meaning. If you have a look at the discussions in this thread, some were saying they can go a while without accessing the store and that there are many casual users who don't access the store. I agree with this.

However, I would imagine that the store provides services beyond simply accessing the store. As an example a game update (without accessing the store purposefully) could possibly also fall under "recipient of service" if MS regards that under the service banner. 

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

The Verge calls it "A table of monthly active users of Microsoft’s digital stores in EU nations"

https://www.theverge.com/2023/2/23/23611887/33-million-people-use-microsofts-windows-app-store-in-the-eu

So my first title was correct.

NobleTeam360 said:

Yep, I go months without clicking on the store (for ps, Xbox, or Nintendo)

Same tbh. I went a whole year once without opening the Switch digital shop.

I've gone 4 months now without using Steam, because I was off playing WoW/HotS, and I haven't touched GoG in half a year.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"