By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Microsoft discloses monthly store users in European Union

KiigelHeart said:
gtotheunit91 said:

I didn't say most were buying physical games lol. Those gamers have a Series X or going from an XOne to a Series X eventually. But that overall number will continue to shrink. Hell, PlayStation and Nintendo have passed more than 50% of overall game sales being digital only. 

Yes, you do need to go to the store to download Game Pass games. So we definitely have somewhat of an idea of how many in the EU that may be subscribed to Game Pass. 

No you don't, you can go to your games & apps where you see games available to download, both your owned games and GP library.

And on dashboard Game Pass is a different tab than Store. Idk if it counts as browsing store.. why would it?

I was about to say. I always go on the Game Pass app to view what's available, not the Xbox store. There is no way of knowing if those numbers are included or not. 

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 22 February 2023

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
Barozi said:

On top of that you severely underestimate the people that only play a round of CoD or FIFA or Fortnite once or twice a week and aren't interested in many other games. Those won't open the store for months.

Those aren't really on Xbox when it comes to Europe tho

What are you even talking about? Those same popular games on other platforms are still the same popular games on Xbox.  

smroadkill15 said:
SKMBlake said:

Those aren't really on Xbox when it comes to Europe tho

What are you even talking about?

About Fifa, mostly, in Europe

Would be nice if we could find PlayStations equivalent figures as no doubt they are also obligated by the EU to provide them but I can't find them.

Not sure when this came into effect so it's possible they will post them at a later date as their will be some deadline to comply.

Zippy6 said:

Would be nice if we could find PlayStations equivalent figures as no doubt they are also obligated by the EU to provide them but I can't find them.

Not sure when this came into effect so it's possible they will post them at a later date as their will be some deadline to comply.

Could be any day now. Should've sent in the numbers not too long ago.

I'm curious to see how PSN fares here, but either way, these Xbox numbers aren't great as an average for the last 6 months, even if not entirely accurate. 

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Shinobi-san said:

Can you link a source for bolded? I tried to find it but no luck.

The only thing the link says is "average monthly active recipients of service" this seems a lot broader than just those who visit the site?

It's on the first post of this thread. The number is tied to each individual store that's under the Xbox banner. 

Yeah I had a look at the source link in OP - it states average monthly active recipients of service. No mention of monthly store users...

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

SKMBlake said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/information-on-average-monthly-active-recipients-of-service-in-the-european-union-0515c3e5-e0c9-4471-9e11-cdbe2bb2f4c3

Microsoft was forced by EU to disclose monthly active users number

Xbox console has 4 million and the Xbox website 6 million.

Any source that states monthly store users? Your link doesnt really line up with the title..

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Shinobi-san said:
gtotheunit91 said:

It's on the first post of this thread. The number is tied to each individual store that's under the Xbox banner. 

Yeah I had a look at the source link in OP - it states average monthly active recipients of service. No mention of monthly store users...

Is that not the same thing? Everyone who uses the store receives service.

Shinobi-san said:
SKMBlake said:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/information-on-average-monthly-active-recipients-of-service-in-the-european-union-0515c3e5-e0c9-4471-9e11-cdbe2bb2f4c3

Microsoft was forced by EU to disclose monthly active users number

Xbox console has 4 million and the Xbox website 6 million.

Any source that states monthly store users? Your link doesnt really line up with the title..

It's in the source...It's the table.

Service

Average Monthly RoS
(previous 6 months ended 31 Jan., 2023)

Apps.Microsoft.Com Website Store

Approximately 4 million

Xbox.com Website Store

Approximately 6 million

PC App Store

Approximately 33 million

PC Games Store

Approximately 3 million

Console Store

Approximately 4 million

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 23 February 2023

Shinobi-san said:

I've been asked to change the title 3 times already, nobody seems to be happy with it.