By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Jumpin said:

Not specifically an American thing, but definitely a part of the US’s culture war and political culture shifting, but Russell Brand and his shifting brand.

It seems that it’s probable that his shift toward more conspiracy theory reactionary geared programming in the wake of #MeToo has something to do with with his sexual assault and rape allegations that recently came out - these were from incidents that occurred between 2006 and 2013. Now it looks like he’s attempting to get out of it by accusing the mainstream media of attempting to silence him - a tactic not too unlike Donald Trump, Matt Gaetz, and other right wingers with sexual assault and other criminal allegations against them.

I'm sorry for the UK once again exporting our trash to the rest of the world.

I've never liked him, he always spoke about women in a derogatory way, his entire comedy shtick was "I'm a sexual deviant!" and he wasn't funny (Imo). He thought he was Gods gift to women and nobody could reject him. Completely obnoxious person when he speaks, he simply throws out a dozen long and complicated words, stringing them together, regardless of whether he even uses them in the right way or not to say a lot without saying much at all and his fans think he is a genius. He isn't, he is just good at making people think he is.

And yeah, he did used to be anti-establishment left wing but then took a sudden turn to anti-establishment hard right and started banging on all of a sudden about global conspiracies, everyone lying to us, antivax bullshit, ETC. Now it does make you question whether it was a pre-planned grift because he knew the allegations would come out eventually. Disgusting he has thousands of fans rushing to his defence so his grift seems to have worked somewhat and amongst those rushing to his defence are gems like Elon Musk, Ian Miles Cheong and Andrew Taint.

I didn't watch the documentary but I read some snippets from it and the long article from The Times. It was disgusting from the small parts that I read and Channel 4 seems to have the receipts. Now more women have came forward (today) and the police are starting their inquiries. The 'funniest' thing about people claiming it's a left wing plot from the establishment is that it was a joint investigation by Channel 4 and The Times, The Times who are owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Even DailyHeil is trying to spin it now. Ignoring that the dude is a right winger now and has been for years, as is his fanbase.

The dude is a piece of shit.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 18 September 2023

Around the Network

I watched the first 30 seconds and nothing more and I got stomach cramps. Who's this shit faced host? He started by giving the most disgusting ass licking I have ever seen on TV for 30 seconds straight...

The host starts with: "people describe you as a visionary leader, I talked to a number of your citizens, and that’s how they described you, and you didn’t even plant them, that’s really how they talk about you, and world leaders are saying the same thing”

They think their leaders is a visionary…. because if they thought otherwise, they’d be literally chopped to death in some embassy? 

Edit:

Ok, watched the rest at x2 speed 

- Host: "What do you do to blow off steam?"

- MBS: "video games" 

The host at one point said: "150 thousand people died in Yemen, there is a big humanitarian crisis, but you put in billions of dollars to help them and it doesn't get covered a lot"

MBS that follows up with: "we are the biggest country in the world who gives aid to Yemen"

Teachable journalism right there I swear, there is only one subset of professionals who are less accountable for being trash than politicians, and it's journalists. This is the worst "interview" I have ever seen. 

There is some talk about the new relationship with Iran fostered by China, joining BRICS, economical diversification and their roadmap for the future, as much as I hate these autocracies, but I say good for them. Too bad for us, western democracies are falling on their sword and can't seem to get their act together, maybe we need to the threat grow even closer to sober up. 

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 24 September 2023

LurkerJ said:

(...)

There is some talk about the new relationship with Iran fostered by China, joining BRICS, economical diversification and their roadmap for the future, as much as I hate these autocracies, but I say good for them. Too bad for us, western democracies are falling on their sword and can't seem to get their act together, maybe we need to the threat grow even closer to sober up. 

Certainly, things need to get worse for the West to deal with the big picture in a more united way.

But I'd say our saving grace is that the West has a lot more common with each other than the BRICS countries and their allies. All those autocracies are ultimately very selfish, so just about the only thing that unites them is their disdain for the West. They talk about a new multipolar world order, but I don't think they'd be able to agree that, for example, China takes the reins.

That's why the bigger threat for the West is to collapse from within due to the stupidity of their own peoples who vote for far-right populism.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

"When Democrats held a razor thin House majority of the same size that Republicans currently have, they passed a once in a generation infrastructure bill, the American Rescue Plan, the CHIPS and Science Act to reshore American jobs from China, they facilitated the fastest job growth in American history, record low unemployment, the biggest climate investment in history, allowed Medicare to finally negotiate lower drug prices, reauthorized the Violence Against Women Act, the first gun safety legislation in decades, the PACT Act for veterans healthcare, and the largest reduction of the deficit in history.

With the same size majority, Republicans can't even keep the government open. The contrast really is that clear."

Would've been nice for it to have a tax avoidance column and how much public-funded subsidies they have received as well as how much public-money goes into funding research that directly goes into benefit all of these companies. 

While these graphs are outrageous, it's a reminder to why I invest in stocks, it's the only way we can get some of the money these corporations owe us back, what a mad world (I encourage those who don't know what I am talking about to look on how to invest in index funds, stocks & shares etc on YouTube, it's full of free information that believe it or not, required tiring research in the past)

@RolStoppable:I will come back to your post at one point, I have few things to say about the far-right, unsurprisingly  

Last edited by LurkerJ - on 26 September 2023

Around the Network

Trump found guilty for years of fraud, some of his companies ordered removed from his control and dissolved.

"A judge ruled Tuesday that Donald Trump committed fraud for years while building the real estate empire that catapulted him to fame and the White House, and he ordered some of the former president’s companies removed from his control and dissolved.

Judge Arthur Engoron, ruling in a civil lawsuit brought by New York Attorney General Letitia James, found that Trump and his company deceived banks, insurers and others by massively overvaluing his assets and exaggerating his net worth on paperwork used in making deals and securing loans.

Engoron ordered that some of Trump’s business licenses be rescinded as punishment, making it difficult or impossible for them to do business in New York, and said he would continue to have an independent monitor oversee Trump Organization operations.

If not successfully appealed, the order would strip Trump of his authority to make strategic and financial decisions over some of his key properties in the state."

That's civil court. Let's hope his criminal cases yield similar results.

Man US Politics is a bizarre soap opera. You couldn't make this crap up! Recent highlights:

-Narrowly averted an unnecessary government shutdown at the last minute, but Ukraine got thrown under the bus funding wise.

-Senator Feinstein expectedly dies while still in office.

-Bob Menendez proves that yes, politicians of both parties can be corrupt. But he got away with it the first time so why not do it again?

-Infighting among House Republicans with threats to recall McCarthy as Speaker. Democrats will be the ones who decide his fate.

-Republican debates continue to be a clown car, in which none of the participants will actually be the nominee.

-Republican's open an impeachment inquiry without any good evidence. Curse at their own witnesses.

-Supreme court getting ready for another term of right wing wish fulfillment.

-Jimmy Carter makes it to age 99 and counting 7 months after entering hospice care. You go Jimmy!

Oh and not to be outdone, Canada has had some crazy shit going on as well.

-Parliament applauded for a soldier who fought alongside the Nazis. Whoops!

-No other country willing to stand by Canada's side when they accuse India of carrying out a political assassination on Canadian soil. Ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Watching Republicans rip each other apart has been fun though.

I hear a separate bill will be discussed on Ukraine funding which has Gaetz furious.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 02 October 2023

Republicans:

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 03 October 2023

McCarthy vote live updates: House speaker ousted for first time in US history - ABC News (go.com)