By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Video Game Music of 2023

Some good suggestions already and we're only two months into the year. The OP will come in very useful come GOTY time - thanks @Darashiva 

Around the Network
Machina said:

Some good suggestions already and we're only two months into the year. The OP will come in very useful come GOTY time - thanks @Darashiva 

No problem, makes it easier for me as well later on to have that list. I'll have to update the links with full OSTs if I can find them at some point.

Good chances I recommend some tracks from Octopath Traveler II OST's. Gonna need to playthrough the game further before giving more thoughts on it.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Not entirely sure whether it actually counts as a 2023 soundtrack since the game was originally release all the way back in 2011 in Japan, but the western release isn't until later this month. Doubt many games take that long to make it over here. Regardless, the score for The Legend of Heroes: Trails to Azure is great. Not sure when I'll get around to playing it since I still haven't started the previous game either.

Finally got around to checking another soundtrack I was curious about in Fire Emblem: Engage, and it turns out to be really quite good too. A lot of variety in the styles and sounds the score uses, which is understandable I suppose since six different composers worked on it.

Around the Network

Been a while since I updated here previously, with work keeping me busy. I did finally get around to listening to another new video game soundtrack, that one being for Tchia. I really like how the score blend more traditional orchestral elements with folky, native instruments and styles. The game is steeped in traditional New Caledonian culture, and the sountrack is apparently no exception to that. Gives it a unique feel of its own.

Been a little quiet on this front recently, but I did get a chance to check out (part of) the score from Atelier Ryza 3, and it's quite good from what I've listened to so far. It has a very lighthearted tone, which is very fitting for the Atelier series in general. Not sure if it'll stand out at the end of the year, but it's a pleasant listen nonetheless.

Anyone else come across any great video game soundtracks recently?

Haven't had the chance to update this thread in a while. Anyone come across any new good sountracks from the last month or so? I haven't played anything new that hasn't already been mentioned, nor have I had the chance to check new scores recently, though hopefully that'll change soon.

Had a chance to listen to the Diablo IV soundtrack. Some really good tracks in it, though I'm obviously missing the context since I haven't played the game. Still, very much enjoyed listening to it. Some really extensive and varied themes here. Some of my favourites were:

If the main theme is anything to go by, then Starfield’s music will be epic!