By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Video Game Music of 2023

gtotheunit91 said:

If the main theme is anything to go by, then Starfield’s music will be epic!

I need to remember to check the score once the game is out.

Around the Network

Right, let's keep things going here. Had a chance to listen to a few soundtracks recently, a there's a couple that stood out to me, including one that might be my favourite score of the year so far. What about everyone else, come across any other great soundtracks recently?

First, Trails Into Reverie:

Next, Final Fantasy XVI:

One more, Harmony: Fall of Reverie. This one jumped at me kind of out of nowhere, but once I noticed the score was by Lena Raine I had to take a listen:

mZuzek said:

Oh great, now I need to play games actually releasing on the current year.

...Well, I guess Zelda and Silksong can bail me out this time, so it's not too bad. But won't have any contributions just yet. In other words, tagging.

And then Silksong might not even come out this year, and Zelda... Well there's this song that stuck with me so I guess it bails me out. But I've posted it a few times already, it's getting kinda repetitive...

I find the lack of Pizza Tower disturbing.

Love and tolerate.

mZuzek said:

And then Silksong might not even come out this year, and Zelda... Well there's this song that stuck with me so I guess it bails me out. But I've posted it a few times already, it's getting kinda repetitive...

I'll add it to the list.

Salnax said:

I find the lack of Pizza Tower disturbing.

I've seen people play the game, but never made note of the soundtrack. I'll have to take a closer listen it seems.

Around the Network

Stray Gods. This one kinda game out of nowhere, but it's genuinely brilliant in both concept and execution when it comes to the game's soundtrack. Essentially, the game is an RPG musical, where the songs, including their lyrics, change according to your choices. The amount of work Austin Wintory has put into making this system work seamlessly is amazing, and the soundtrack itself is one of his best ever. Considering he's responsible for the music of games like Journey and The Pathless, that's saying a lot. The vocal performances by, among others, Laura Bailey, Ashley Johnson and Mary Elisabeth McGlynn are excellent as well.

A new score to add to the list, this time Baldur's Gate 3. An absolutely massive score, filled with excellent piece of music. The composer Borislav Slavov has polished his style to a perfect sheen with this score, and his earlier work with Divinity: Original Sin was already great.

Those are my jam.

Such a superb soundtrack.

Last edited by GuyDuke - on 29 August 2023

Something new to add to the list. Haven't yet had the chance to actually play Armored Core VI, but the music sounds great.

Atomic Heart's vending machine (Nora) chillout melody is my favorite. But I'm not sure if this really is a part of the official release. But it's amaaazing.

Anyway the game's OST is solid too.