By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Video Game Music of 2023

antigin said:

Atomic Heart's vending machine (Nora) chillout melody is my favorite. But I'm not sure if this really is a part of the official release. But it's amaaazing.

Anyway the game's OST is solid too.

I'll add the game to the list.

Around the Network

Super Mario RPG will be full of remastered bangers

I like it when my mom goes out of town because I get to sleep on her side of the bed. -William Montgomery

While I think Octo takes it. I will contribute another game. The game isn't great but has some good original tracks and good covers of licensed tracks by MGS5 Quiet herself Stefanie Joosten.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

While I think Octo takes it. I will contribute another game. The game isn't great but has some good original tracks and good covers of licensed tracks by MGS5 Quiet herself Stefanie Joosten.

I'll add it to the OP.

Starfield has a fantastic soundtrack! Certainly a contender for best soundtrack and my personal favorite from what I've played this year.

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

Starfield has a fantastic soundtrack! Certainly a contender for best soundtrack and my personal favorite from what I've played this year.

I'll have to check it out when I have a bit of time. I'll add it to the list once I've heard some tracks.

Darashiva said:
smroadkill15 said:

I'll have to check it out when I have a bit of time. I'll add it to the list once I've heard some tracks.

I just checked to see if it is on Spotify and it is. 5.5 hours consisting of 79 tracks. It makes me wonder, what game has the most tracks and time length for a single game? 

smroadkill15 said:
Darashiva said:

I just checked to see if it is on Spotify and it is. 5.5 hours consisting of 79 tracks. It makes me wonder, what game has the most tracks and time length for a single game? 

Difficult to say, but I do know that the Final Fantasy VII remake soundtrack release was nearly ten hours long. I've never seen an original soundtrack longer than that

We're over three quarters of the way through the year now, so I thought I'd ask what everyone's favourite video game score of the year is so far? For me, without going back and listening through everything again, I'd say it's still probably Octopath Traveller II, though having just finished Final Fantasy XVI that comes very close as well. I'll probably need to have another listen of several of the scores before the end of the year, but for now those two stand above the rest, though that can obviously still change.

One new game to add to the list. Lies of P, besides its otherwise great take on the Soulsborne formula also has an excellent soundtrack to go with all the puppet destruction.