By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Best Video Game Music of 2023

Darashiva said:

We're over three quarters of the way through the year now, so I thought I'd ask what everyone's favourite video game score of the year is so far? For me, without going back and listening through everything again, I'd say it's still probably Octopath Traveller II, though having just finished Final Fantasy XVI that comes very close as well. I'll probably need to have another listen of several of the scores before the end of the year, but for now those two stand above the rest, though that can obviously still change.

Now that Sea of Stars has been release, the full soundtrack is available and it's awesome!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Darashiva said:

We're over three quarters of the way through the year now, so I thought I'd ask what everyone's favourite video game score of the year is so far? For me, without going back and listening through everything again, I'd say it's still probably Octopath Traveller II, though having just finished Final Fantasy XVI that comes very close as well. I'll probably need to have another listen of several of the scores before the end of the year, but for now those two stand above the rest, though that can obviously still change.

Now that Sea of Stars has been release, the full soundtrack is available and it's awesome!

Yeah, I took a listen to some of it and the score is great. I didn't go through the whole thing because I want to save it for when I play the game.

Darashiva said:

Yeah, I took a listen to some of it and the score is great. I didn't go through the whole thing because I want to save it for when I play the game.

Good idea, the game is awesome as well!

Signature goes here!

A new one to add to the growing list.

Every game mentioned in this thread so far has been added to the long-list of nominees for Best Original Music Score of 2023. If anyone has some additional suggestions for games they want to vote for (or at least want everyone else to be able to vote for), please post in this thread and I'll add them to the nominees list.

Preliminary Voting will open roughly a week from now, so now's the time to get your final suggestions in.

Around the Network

Tears of the Kingdom goes for an understated approach out in the overworld much like it's predecessor, but it really has some phenomenal tracks when the situation calls for it:

Alan Wake 2 should be included as well.