By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alleged Dragon Age: Dreadwolf Footage Leaks

https://www.dsogaming.com/screenshot-news/rumor-early-gameplay-footage-and-screenshots-for-dragon-age-dreadwolf/

https://imgur.com/a/J2xVQlT#eJcbP50

Video Clip

"It appears that some early gameplay footage and screenshots for Dragon Age 4, Dragon Age: Dreadwolf, have been leaked online. These screenshots are reportedly from an alpha build, meaning that they obviously do not represent the quality of the final product.

According to the leaker, these screenshots originate from a 20-minute gameplay video. Although that video has not been leaked, it is reportedly set within the Gray Warden fortress HQ of Weisshaupt.

From the looks of it, the combat in Dragon Age: Dreadwolf will be in real-time. As reported by various sources, the combat will be similar to a hack-and-slash game. Players will have their regular combo attack, as well as abilities. Furthermore, there is a special bar which generates allowing you to pull off a special move."

Whatcha think?

Around the Network

I read about the combat being similar to FFXV, which killed my interest in this completely. The whole real-time, jump & spin to fill up meters and combo type of combat is everywhere today, and it's disengaging and boring to me. They sort of tried this with Dragon Age 2, and that crashed hard. I don't know exactly how Bioware are thinking these days, but after Anthem, it seems like they simply don't know what to make of their IPs anymore.
I'll keep on watching Dreadwolf videos and news, but my hopes for it as a game of interest are very, very low at this point.

looks like a destiny menu. Are we done with color codes equipment yet?

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

The hell? Are they really just going for a Norse GOW template with a more-cluttered UI? I don't even see a hint of the party-based strategy from the older titles.

Even as a rough first look, I'm not optomistic.

DA4 going to be amazing, even 2 that was developed in 9 months was an amazing game and DA3 slapped so I have high hopes for DA4

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Around the Network

Sounds like they're aiming for this entry to be like a fantasy version of Mass Effect; more action oriented w/o direct control of your party but you can command them to use abilities and such.

I dont mind, i loved dragon age 2 with all his flaws, its better than inquisition imo

Publisher uses it's most well recognized IP to make another action-oriented fantasy RPG.

Rinse and repeat.

Anywoo, it's not like they shouldn't try such avenue but ...

1) Comparing it to FF XV is a dead giveaway of a game you prolly don't wanna touch lol

2) It's gonna alienate part of the fanbase who were more into the core RPG tactical play these games were mostly known for.

3) Should we expect anything storywise after the last 2 games from the studio were botched in those regards ?

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I loved the first DA but everything about this screams generic and mediocre. Bioware has not made a good game since 2010.

Last edited by Leynos - on 06 February 2023

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

This game looks great honestly. Return of classes with a Grey Warden class on display here, combat inspired by God of War 2018's excellent combat, Tevinter setting (a setting fans have wanted since the first game). Really hope it releases this year. Don't see why it wouldn't, the Morrison build of Dragon Age 4 started development in early 2018, 5 years ago, surely they can finish it by Holiday 2023.