By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish SW & HW Sales - Week 1, 2023 (Here we go again!)

Top 10 Sales Week 1: 2 - 8 January 2023

1. FIFA 23 (PS4)
  2. Pokémon Escarlata y Púrpura (Switch)
  3. Nintendo Switch Sports (Switch)
  4. Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope (Switch) 14.000 units
  5. Just Dance 2023 (Switch)
  6. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
  7. Animal Crossing: New Horizons (Switch)
  8. Minecraft (Switch)
  9. FIFA 23: Legacy Edition (Switch)
  10. God of War: Ragnarök (PS4) 

Top Hardware week 1:

• Nintendo Switch: 28.000 units
  • PS5: 4.000 units
  • Xbox Series: 2.000 units

Source: Gamereactor

2023 Switch PS5 Xbox Series Cumulative
Week 1 28000 4000 2000 34000

Last edited by polofresco - on 19 January 2023

Around the Network

Another year of Switch domination confirmed.

Jk, but wow not bad for a first week. Less so for the PS5 but well, we're just getting started.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Switch kicking PS5 ass for another year let's go

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

I thought those figures were pretty good at first, but they're actually all down YoY. Switch and PS5 should/could be up YoY next week though.

Well, Ubisoft said that Just Dance and Mario + Rabbids flopped, but they seem to be doing well in Spain. And Fifa 23 for PS4 and Switch...*sighs*

Hardware sales ar ok, but Sony really should get its head out of its arse and start paying more attention to Europe. Your biggest fans may become your worse critics if you piss them off enough times, and Sony has been doing that since the start of this generation.

Anyway, thanks for the numbers, polofresco. And while it's a bit late, Feliz Año .

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

This is the three wise men’s week.

JEMC said:

Well, Ubisoft said that Just Dance and Mario + Rabbids flopped, but they seem to be doing well in Spain.

They said they disappointed, not flopped.

Kakadu18 said:
JEMC said:

Well, Ubisoft said that Just Dance and Mario + Rabbids flopped, but they seem to be doing well in Spain.

True. But when a company says that a game has disappointing sales, it means that it hasn't reached the sales they expected, and while the term flop is usually used only for games with abysmal sales, some also use it in games that fail to reach the expected sales.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Kakadu18 said:

True. But when a company says that a game has disappointing sales, it means that it hasn't reached the sales they expected, and while the term flop is usually used only for games with abysmal sales, some also use it in games that fail to reach the expected sales.

Or a company that goes out to expect way more they should've ever in the first place. 

Case in point, Square Enix. Also on a technical level, M+R Sparks of Hope was their major 2022 title so I guess they really wanted the game to punch above it's expected weight.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
JEMC said:

Or a company that goes out to expect way more they should've ever in the first place. 

Case in point, Square Enix. Also on a technical level, M+R Sparks of Hope was their major 2022 title so I guess they really wanted the game to punch above it's expected weight.

Yeah, S-E did that a lot with Tomb Raider and the other western games they published.