By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spanish SW & HW Sales - Week 1, 2023 (Here we go again!)

JEMC said:
Mar1217 said:

Or a company that goes out to expect way more they should've ever in the first place. 

Case in point, Square Enix. Also on a technical level, M+R Sparks of Hope was their major 2022 title so I guess they really wanted the game to punch above it's expected weight.

Yeah, S-E did that a lot with Tomb Raider and the other western games they published.

That or the infamous Dead Space 3 moment where EA expected to sell like it was the coming of Christ

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
JEMC said:

Yeah, S-E did that a lot with Tomb Raider and the other western games they published.

That or the infamous Dead Space 3 moment where EA expected to sell like it was the coming of Christ

We don't have to go that far back. Krafton, who has published The Callisto Protocol, expected to sell 5 million copies. They've now revised that and now they hope to sell 2.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
Mar1217 said:

We don't have to go that far back. Krafton, who has published The Callisto Protocol, expected to sell 5 million copies. They've now revised that and now they hope to sell 2.

Oh really ?! Thought the marketing push it had would've let it to sell 2M copies quite easily. 

Mar1217 said:
JEMC said:

Oh really ?! Thought the marketing push it had would've let it to sell 2M copies quite easily. 

Yeah, something didn't work as planned:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-callisto-protocol-cost-162-million-expected-to-hit-2-million-sales-in-2023/

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Mar1217 said:
JEMC said:

I think their expectations were for the first year.

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Mar1217 said:

Yeah, something didn't work as planned:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-callisto-protocol-cost-162-million-expected-to-hit-2-million-sales-in-2023/

Woohoo! I'm more so surprised the game cost 162M to make ! 

I hope most of it was in the advertising cuz otherwise I might think some of this budget was mismanaged looking at how the game ended being on release. + It's quite the "short" title