By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS5 Sales Climb Week-on-Week - Worldwide Hardware Estimates for Dec 4-10

mk7sx said:

Europe 2022

Hardware (Europe minus Germany/UK)

1. NSW -15% vs 2021

2. PS5 -35% vs 2021

3. XBS +4.4% vs 2021

"Switch was the No.1 selling console in almost every country with a few exceptions. In Denmark and Sweden, PS5 is the No.1 console, whereas Xbox Series S and X was No.1 in Norway."

Software charts and other insights in the link.

Sony must have really diverted most inventory to USA.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
mk7sx said:

Europe 2022

Hardware (Europe minus Germany/UK)

1. NSW -15% vs 2021

2. PS5 -35% vs 2021

3. XBS +4.4% vs 2021

"Switch was the No.1 selling console in almost every country with a few exceptions. In Denmark and Sweden, PS5 is the No.1 console, whereas Xbox Series S and X was No.1 in Norway."

Software charts and other insights in the link.

Sony must have really diverted most inventory to USA.

They did something similar last holiday. I am going through this report and going to make any necessary adjustments. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

I wonder if this means Denmark and Sweden are relatively disinterested in Nintendo and Norway relatively interested in Xbox for Europe. Hopefully there's enough stock for the PS5 to end up being over 50% up this year in Europe.

I've done adjustments in Europe with the 2022 reports for the UK and Europe.

Edit: Looked over the data and lowered Switch and Xbox Series X|S in Oceania, MEA, and Asia as well. Xbox Series X|S was up too much in those regions relative to the data we do have in other regions, while Switch wasn't down enough.

Worldwide LT sales:

• NS: 118.81M (Down 178,000 / -0.15%)
  • PS5: 28.72M (Down 250,000 / -0.86%)
  • XSX|S: 20.38M (Down 231,900 / -1.12%)

With December NPD coming out tomorrow there might be some adjustments to the first 2 weeks of December for the US, Canada, and Latin America. Maybe more if the NPD report provides some 2022 data.

Last edited by trunkswd - on 12 January 2023

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

The Scandinavian countries seem like interesting markets. Would be great to have more data on them.

Around the Network
Norion said:

I wonder if this means Denmark and Sweden are relatively disinterested in Nintendo and Norway relatively interested in Xbox for Europe. Hopefully there's enough stock for the PS5 to end up being over 50% up this year in Europe.

Even if there's enough stock Sony will prioritize other markets until the demand is fully met. You don't invest in markets who are in recession for a probably a long time.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Norion said:

Even if there's enough stock Sony will prioritize other markets until the demand is fully met. You don't invest in markets who are in recession for a probably a long time.

Isn't there a good chance the US will be in a recession for a portion of this year though?

Norion said:
Qwark said:

Isn't there a good chance the US will be in a recession for a portion of this year though?

Not nearly as bad as Europe, since Europe has to deal with the aftermath of the war and has a huge energy crisis to deal with on top of the economic problems in the world.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Norion said:

Not nearly as bad as Europe, since Europe has to deal with the aftermath of the war and has a huge energy crisis to deal with on top of the economic problems in the world.

That's true though assuming they're able to send a good amount of stock to NA and Japan this year then surely Europe can get at least an ok amount. It was so bad last year that even ok would be a massive increase.